We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel near Bangkok airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Topic
good hotel near Bangkok airport

Can someone recommend a good hotel which is close to the Bangkok international airport? I need to get up very early in the morning to catch a flight to Bhutan.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,452 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Michelle L;

This forum is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

As a new user of TripAdvisor, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum, important information, and other details. As an example, the sticky at the top of this forum is;

"PLEASE READ: How to use the Support forum!" and has a push-pin icon beside it.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Bangkok forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g293916-i3687-Bangk…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum where you are most likely to receive qualified replies.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

But before this gets moved, I'll say that the Airport Novotel is as good as it gets out near BKK. That's where we stayed before heading to Bhutan, and their airport shuttle runs every few minutes (or just walk underground past the new train stop).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

Michelle:

Welcome to TA.

I have stayed at the Novotel several times, and it is an excellent hotel that is within minutes of the airport both by walking or by taking its shuttle van. However, it is expensive. I generally stay at the Novotel when I have time to enjoy an evening meal, a glass of wine or a swim. If you are only going to be coming in late and leaving early, some of the smaller hotels are more cost effective. I've tried several but my current favorite is the Paragon Inn. It is exactly a 10 minute drive from the airport curb to the front of the hotel.

Safe Travels,

Broder

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

I could recommend you to stay at the airport's own hotel, the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel! so it will be very convenient for you to catch your flight but the price might be a bit higher than other airport hotels

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

You should always mention a price range when you ask for hotel help.

If you want to pay an arm and leg use the airport hotel. But since you are going to Bhutan maybe this Novotel is a cheap hotel for you anyway!

Here is hotel suggestion if you want another place that is cheaper.

Sananwan:

http://999thai.com/

Keep in mind that some hotels advertise as being close to the airport are really not that close.

What time do you have to be at the airport? There are meter taxis available all night long if you want to stay in the city. Millions of tourists with early morning flights still prefer to stay in the city and be able to walk to many things near their hotels.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

The airport hotel list;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c136691/Bangk…

England,Birmingham
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

Hi Michelle L,

I have recently returned from Thailand and for the first time stayed in bangkok for one night at Suphan Lake Hometel.

I wish i could have stayed a couple of more days.

The hotel was very nice and only 500 baht,at the back of hotel their is a park with a lake were i saw people jogging and enjoying evening walk,

from the hotel room balcony you can see the park and the sight is beautiful,

and the staff were also very helpful and friendly.

Their was a lot of thai eating places in walking distance and lot of shops and thai bars.

The hotel is only about 15 minutes drive to the airport,if you looking for hotel near airport i would highly recommend this hotel.

I was told that their was a bus that goes into city takes about 30 minutes. Baht buses cost only 7 baht but not sure how far they go as never had time to get on one as i was only their for the one night.

On my next visit to thailand i will stay at this hotel and make sure i stay a few days longer so i can see more of Bangkok,

I have visited Thailand a few times but have never stayed or toured Bangkok hopefuuly next time.

Regards

bazkashmir

England,Birmingham
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

Web site for Suphan Lake Hometel

www.suphanlakehomtel.com

Regards

bazkashmir

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

To go to thee city from the Airport Novotel is easy! see:http://www.novotelsuvarnabhumi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/airport-rail-link.jpg

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,383 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good hotel near Bangkok airport

another vote for Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.