We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooftop Bars!

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooftop Bars!

Wondering if anyone can offer their opinion on bars in Bangkok.

We are only their one night and we will be celebrating my birthday. Wanting to go to a nice flashy bar for drinks, and perhaps dinner.

Have read a heap about Vertigo & Sirocco but cant decide! Help!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooftop Bars!

lebua.com/en/the-dome-dining/sky-bar-bangkok/ gets my vote!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooftop Bars!

I'd go to Sky Bar at the top of State Tower. The view is awesome. The drinks are expensive so buy one and sip slowly. There is a dress code. No flip flop shoes or backpacker looking clothes. Smart casual will do just fine.

If you do a google search for sky bar bangkok you should get some really nice photographs to give you an idea of the place.

If you are wanting a meal with that view, I would consider Red Sky at the top of the Centara Grand Hotel, which is above the Central World shopping mall, rather than dining at Sirocco beside Sky Bar. Red Sky also has a great view, but not quite as nice as Sky Bar's view.

Close call... if I were wanting a drink with a view, Sky Bar would be my first choice. A meal, a drink or two, and a view... Red Sky.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooftop Bars!

Have a look at the Millenium.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooftop Bars!

I'd go for sirocco. Great view, expensive drinks but worth it for a one off.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooftop Bars!

My wife and I did the Sky Bar during our honeymoon and the view is amazing. A mixed drink though (rum and coke) was about $12AUD so we also sipped slowly. 2 seperate bar sections there with one right behind the bar next to the restaurant where you only have a glass wall about elbow leaning height between you and 62 floors below. That is where you get the amazing view.

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooftop Bars!

milepoint.com/forums/…

7. Re: Rooftop Bars!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:16