We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
11 posts
Save Topic
LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Hi,

I will be visiting Bangkok & Singapore this October. I am planning to buy a 32" LED samsung or sony. I would be visiting bangkok first then going to singapore. From singapore i am flying to Kolkata via bangkok (Transit time abt 2 hrs).

So shud i buy LED from bkk and take along rest of the journey or shud i buy from Singapore?

And can anyone tell me comparative prices for 32" LED tv in both places?

Thanks.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Or can anyone post the price of Samsung series5 LED 32" in bangkok & singapore?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,617 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Hi Rahul

I don't know, but my only thought is that often warranties are not valid outside the country of purchase in many places in asia so it would be wise to check this before you buy.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Hi,

I am willing to take the risk of buying a set without warranty. Provided the rates are reasonable. So can anyone give the current selling price for a 32inch led samsung series 5 or similar sony there in singapore. All online store prices are way too high. Almost close to price in india, whereas I have heard a lot of people saying that prices in singapore and bangkok are comparative. Bangkok prices for led are almost half of india

Kolkata (Calcutta...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Hi,

I am willing to take the risk of buying a set without warranty. Provided the rates are reasonable. So can anyone give the current selling price for a 32inch led samsung series 5 or similar sony there in singapore. All online store prices are way too high. Almost close to price in india, whereas I have heard a lot of people saying that prices in singapore and bangkok are comparative. Bangkok prices for led are almost half of india

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Hi,

It's definitely cheaper to buy LED/LCD from Bangkok....Go to Panthip Plaza and take your pick ! Our group got 2 LCDs and 3 Laptops with half the price difference from India. They all got Samsung (Thailand Warranty) and I heard SONY Bravia offers International warranty these days.

You can also try Indira Sound at Indira Square Market. They also have competitive prices. And do not forget to get for PP10 Yellow color VAT refund form. You get a VAT refund if you are taking out anything beyond 2000B outside Thailand.

For VAT refund, take your passport along to the store - confirm that they will issue you a VAT refund - Fill the PP10 Form - Pay them the VAT included price - Get VAT refund stamped at the airport ( I think custom check for VAT refund happens at Gate No 10 entrance) - Get your VAT refund after immigration - security check before you proceed for your boarding gates.

Edited: 18 September 2011, 07:56
New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

mr rahul

32 led sony for 16800bhat and samsung 40 led for 19600 bhat....

all the best

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

Latest Price by NTUC Xtra Selling Samsung Led TV From Ang Mo Kio Store.

1) 32" ,1920 X 1080 (Full HD)

UA 32D5000, Price S$899

6000000:1 Contrast

2) 32" 1366 X 768 Pixels(HD Ready)

32LV2130, Price S$649

2000000:1 Contrast

3) 32", 1366 X 768 Pixels(HD Ready)

UA 32D4000,Price S$599

2000000:1 Contrast

Store 100% safe & reliable,control by Union .

Other store,Courts,Best Denki,Harvey Norman & Mustaffa.

Weclome u to Singapore

Kolkata (Calcutta...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

thank you all. Its now seems clear that buy LED tv for taking back to india is cheaper in bangkok compared to singapore.

Thank you everyone for your helpful inputs.

@IndiaGoesGlobal thanks for the vat refund tip. Can you also tell me which models ur friends picked up and what was the exact price, and if possible the shop name. Thanks in advance.

@leomak shopping aside, looking forward to visiting your beautiful country.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

my friend recently bought LCD tv from bangkok and they are very very cheap when compared to india but also note that upto 32 Inch LCD you don't have to pay any duties in india but on a 32 Inch LED you will have to pay some duty around 2000 INR

New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: LED cheap in Singapore or Bangkok

bangkok led store, pratunam, near paradise guest house and sagar ratna

ph-08-16258137,63555022

try the prices here before buying led/lcd.