We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

Hi

I'm going to bangkok for surgery (breast implants) early next year,

I have never been to bangkok so have no idea where to stay.

I really like the ariysomvillas but cant justify the money ( its about $150 aussie a night) but i like that style. smaller boutique resort, gardens, nice pool, etc.

has anyone got any suggetions of other places close to the hospital.

also somewhere with basic kitchen facilities might be nice, since we are staying 10 nights.

any suggestions would be much appriceated.

thanks

sue

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,700 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

It's not a boutique hotel by any means, but I stay at Adelphi Suites on Soi 8, a little further away from Bumrungrad but in the same area. Depending on the season, the executive suite is around $100-120 and the deluxe around $80-100 (US, but that's close enough). If you're going to be confined to the room a lot, the exec is very spacious. The suites have kitchen facilities and a washer/dryer.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

You won't get any closer to Bumrungrad than the Furama hotel on soi1..approx' $66 AUD at the moment on wotif..nearest BTS stop Phloen Chit.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

the royal benja hotel is on Soi 5 and is really close, very reasonable and we enjoyed our stay there. no kitchen facilities though, but awesome breakfasts, and lots of good restaurants and night bazaars with good cheap street food nearby. Nana station is a few minutes walk away.

http://www.royalbenja.th.com/index.html

Jo

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

I had a one night stay at FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit which is located on soi 1 just a 2-minute walk to bumrungrad hospital ... and it was great: furamaxclusive.com/sukhumvit/location.php

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

Im staying at the FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit right now as Im having eye surgery in 2 days time.

The hospital is literally right across the road. Im in the deluxe room (cheaper room of the 2) and its o.k. Bed is not real good though, I can feel the springs :(

The staff so far have been very nice. I think I paid $64 per night. Cheapest rates I could find was going through here:

www.hrs.de/web3/showPage.do…

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,898 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

Golden Palace is not expensive and close to the hospital. Cheap enough to eat out all the time. Hotel link says free breakfast.

http://www.goldenpalacehotel.com/

I always travel with a little electric coil to make hot water for coffee, tea, instant noodles. They are inexpensive. Looks like this link below but you can get them cheaper. (Never remove the coil when still plugged in or it is kaput!)

magellans.com/store/Health___Hygiene___Food_…

(The hospital also has places to eat at.)

7. Re: hotel or apartment close to bumrungrad hospital

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 00:19