We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

Hi all,

I want to visit flower market - pak khlong talat, I want to know what are the directions to the market.

I understand that coming by express boat, i need to get down at Memorial Bridge pier (N6, i guess). But, thereafter where do I need to go. Some post on internet suggest that one needs to take chak phet road, but I could not find this road on google maps.

Do I need to take road parrallel to river or perpendicular to it. Can someone please point me on google maps. Also approx. how far is market from memorial bridge.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Puneet

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

U are right,at the pier is Orange Bus no 73 terminal.Justwalk 200 metre ahead from bus front direction can see the Flower Market.U can see alot

flower shop along the road.I was there 5 years while taking this bus here and walked all the way to OLD Siam Market.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

hey, thanks for your reponse, i looked at route of bus 73, from what i understand and by position of old siam plaza, you mean one needs to walk on road perpendicular to the river. is my understanding correct?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

Just follow the Bus 73 route moving out for 200 metre,u should see the flowers display in the mrkt.Old Siam is more than 35 min walk from here

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

ok great, thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

Puneet,

If you take the express boat to Memorial Bridge, you can't miss it. Get off the boat/pier, turn left, and follow the curvature of the road to the high street (maybe 100m). Turn left and you are there.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
138 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

If you coming with chao phraya boat, just turn left from Memorial Bridge dock and walk straight.

Open a google maps, and search for Flower Market, Bangkok. Pakhong Talat location pointed at Yopdiman Market.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

^^ addendum to my post. I like to walk the "high street" as it has very interesting merchants as well, before taking in the official market.

When I visited, a rain storm hit, and my best pictures were of people on the street dealing with the rain.

Edited: 27 September 2011, 06:30
Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

great, thanks! i got the location now.

Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

anyone walked from wat pho to the flower market? is it advisable ?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pak Khlong Talat- Flower Market - Direction

You should take taxi meter or tuk tuk. It better to visit after 8pm.Saphan Put night market operate also and u can see fresh flower display at night at flower mkt not far away.Saphan Put Night mkt do not operate on wednesday.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 13:17