We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serviced Apartments

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Serviced Apartments

My friends and I are planning on a shopping trip to BKK. However, we're a group of 6 and I was thinking of getting a serviced apartment for 4 nights instead of a hotel rooms. What serviced apartment is near major shopping areas?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Serviced Apartments

Hi,

A popular one is the Grand President on Sukhumvit Soi 11.. It's an easy :07 walk to the Nana BTS station and has a very adequate kitchen (though with cooked food so readily available and cheap, I'd wonder about the time/effort cost analysis to cook yourself).

They have a pool and all major hotel-amenities, but also have 2-bedroom set-ups with kitchen..

But when you say "shopping areas" that really does cover A LOT of ground...

As it appears you are from Manila-NCR, I'd say it's like saying where in the NCR can I stay that's close to shopping? Well you can be in QC and close to somethings, or Makati and be close to other things.. So, to a point, you kind of need to decide what you want to be closer to and use one of the local transport options to get to the others-- but this is easy, quick and cheap to do.. So I wouldn't stress about the place too much.. just pick where you'd like to be based and work it from there.

Travel Safe,

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Serviced Apartments

Centrepoint have a number of location around town, most easily accessible to the malls.

London, England
Level Contributor
381 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Serviced Apartments

We have used Centrepoint service apartments and they were very good. Look at their website and pick a location - they have a number of properties around the city, all with good locations. Recently, we saw a sign for Centrepoint Grande close to Rachadamri and we will check this out for future visits as that location would be ideal for us.

However, there are loads of serviced apartments so, as GOPBI wisely says, pick an area, do your research and go for it. Anywhere within easy reach of the BTS Skytrain should be fine for your shopping expeditions.

London, England
Level Contributor
381 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Serviced Apartments

We have used Centrepoint service apartments and they were very good. Look at their website and pick a location - they have a number of properties around the city, all with good locations. Recently, we saw a sign for Centrepoint Grande close to Rachadamri and we will check this out for future visits as that location would be ideal for us.

However, there are loads of serviced apartments so, as GOPBI wisely says, pick an area, do your research and go for it. Anywhere within easy reach of the BTS Skytrain should be fine for your shopping expeditions.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Serviced Apartments

Thank you for your inputs. I will look into them.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Serviced Apartments

Aside from Centre Point, there's Abloom and Amanta Ratchada, both very handy to mass transit.

singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Serviced Apartments

I always stay at Bliston Suwan Park View for my yearly holiday. Great location and friendly service staff. It is a 3-minute walk to BTS Chidlom Skytrain station which puts the shopping belt of Bangkok within reach. Across the road is Central Chidlom department store. Many Bangkok attractions are within easy walking distance too. You can use the Chidlom Skywalk to explore shopping centres that includes Central World Plaza, Isetan, Erawan & Gaysorn Plazas and Siam Paragon. MBK Centre is at National Stadium W1 which is 2 stations after Chidlom station. Hope this hepls and have a safe holiday.

www.blistonresidence.com

8. Re: Serviced Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 13:19