We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa info...

glasgow
Level Contributor
42 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Visa info...

Hi guys, Im going to bangkok in May 2012. staying for 28 days.

I'll be staying in bangkok for about 6 days of that, and I'll be taking the train down to Koh Samui for the rest of the time in thailand.

I'm aware of this visa waiver the thai government operate for people. Can anyone advise how you get this? do you need to register or something before you fly to thailand, or do they just authorise it when you arrive?

Just want to make sure I dont turn up at the airport and be refused entry :)

Thanks in advance...

glasgow
Level Contributor
42 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa info...

British passport holder btw...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa info...

On arrival you'll get a 30 day visa waiver stamp in your passport. There is nothing to do except complete the immigration card you'll be given on the plane. One rider is that to be eligible you must have an outbound from Thailand air ticket valid within those 30 days - you airline could refuse to board you if you don't have that.

3. Re: Visa info...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:18