We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

cyprus
Level Contributor
48 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Can anyone please advise me which is a better hotel (location and service) of the 3 above for the start of our honeymoon? Emirates has special rates for these hotels so we thought we should take advantage of it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,383 posts
1,537 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

I would go for the Four Seasons ... out of your 3.

For a special treat - The Mandarin or Peninsula Hotel are fab...

The Marriott Spa Resort is gorgeous - perfect for honeymooners if that's on your list.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

My personal preference would be Four Seasons. Location of all hotels you named is equally good. Mariott is closer to bars and nightlife. Popular with M.E. visitors being an Emirates rec. hotel, close to Little Arabia. Other 2 are closer to shopping and BTS. IMO Marriott is over priced for what they offer. Very impersonal atmosphere. Four Seasons has an "old style". feel, higher standard of service and food quality. Nice relaxing inner courtyard with garden and pond. More green spaces between the buildings. All depends what you are looking for and your age group I guess.

I cannot comment on the Hyatt other than location.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

The Grand Hyattt and the Four Seasons are next door to each other. Both the hotels are also quite similar in terms of Architecture. Of the 2 I would go with the Four Seasons.

I agree with jemima's thoughts on the JW. It feels forbidding when you walk in, all the dark marble and the lighting.

notts
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

grand hyatt is very overated if you ask me! [ although the basement is one of my fave places to nip in for a coffee ] four seasons used to be the highly rated "regent" i,d go for that too..

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Hyatt Erawn would still be my prefered choice out of the three. And that is not just because of the Basement, although I like that also.

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

My favorite and my choice would be the JW Marriott Bangkok. Have had more than 120 nights at the hotel in recent years and will be going for more soon. Here are our photos: flickr.com/photos/…

Grand Hyatt Erawan is awesome especially the location. Two stays and a 3rd one coming up in December: flickr.com/photos/…

I heard a lot of good things about the 4S but I never stayed there. Had a dinner at its Italian restaurant and was NOT impressed at all about the service or the food.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

As far as I know the Marriott has been taken over by Anantara on the 1st of November and there's some renovation work being done so maybe it would be better to rule it out and as the other 2 are next to each other check out the facilities and then choose.

Beirut
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

They are equally good but I always prefer to stay at Four Seasons. Reason, their excellent customer service and the most joyable experience in a competitive price (thanks to Emirates).

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Chrella, Marriott Resort... on the river was taken over by Anantara. But J.W Marriott????

10. Re: Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons or JW Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:19