We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

im staying in bangkok now and want to see a fortune teller.. not to expensive.. any one know where one is??

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Just walk around with a map. You will soon be approached by a "student of astrology", usually an Indian guy. He will start by saying you have a "lucky face" and will even offer to tell you your mothers name as proof of his powers

Most of the Thai "fortune tellers" I have seen usually come out at night and setup shop on the sidewalk. Not sure how many speaks english though. As to the established ones that have their own shops etc. I cant say I have seen any on Suk Soi 4 but I wasnt looking

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

thanks buddy..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Hi steveerose9,

I saw a good one on the sidewalk in Silom. (I think?) I can't say exactly where as I wasn't sure where I was walking. It wasn't dark yet and she was an older Thai lady sitting on a blanket on the sidewalk. She had a small cardboard sign propped up on her blanket printed in English. She was good too! I tried to find her again and couldn't.

She told me what was about to happen.... and it did. But because of the language barrier she didn't explain it hadn't happen yet. Or give any details. She blurted out something short & personal. I remembered after the circle of events unfolded. And she was bang-on. You will see them in different areas but not until about 5pm and onward.

I saw another older Thai lady set up on a blanket on the sidewalk with a sign in Thai and including the word Fortune. I tried to ask how much and this one panicked and shook her head no! Motioned for me to keep walking ~ this would of been because she didn't speak enough English. So you will know if they speak English or not. This one may have been closer to soi 4. I was on route walking to soi 11 and I think it was near the steps of the Nana BTS.

Watch for a blanket spread onto the sidewalk or beside it. They sit on a blanket on the ground ~ not in a chair. Good luck!

Edited: 12 November 2011, 03:18
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

There is a older Thai lady that reads the cards up near soi 15 -19(very late in the night)The locals go to her so just keep your eyes peeled or ask the girls who run the street bars there where she is..they will know!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

I almost forgot. If they are still there; not sure I didn't go to this area on the last couple of trips. But more than likely they're there. (This is the area you are asking for...)

There's a small cut-through from Sukhumvit Soi 5 to Soi 7 which is lined with them in the evenings. It's about 20 meters into Soi 5 or a little further up Soi 7.

Edited: 14 November 2011, 16:34
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Ah Yes, HotToffee is referring to the "Tunnel" between soi 5 and soi 7. There are a few fortune tellers setup on the Soi 7 end of the tunnel.

Oldenzaal, The...
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Hu...????

Verry sorry i never looked in to this, but is this really treu?

He will start by saying you have a "lucky face" and will even offer to tell you your mothers name as proof of his powers..

About the mothers name, is it a list or scam, or can you realy trust a thai fortune teller.

I ask this becourse if it is real, i can not wait to go to one...

Thanks...

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

These use the cards on the turn...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

If they approach you, odds are its all bollocks.

As to those guys sitting on the mats with candles and cards, I have no idea as I have never tried. Some people I know swear by them though and supposedly its game over for me when Im 50!!!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fortune teller near sukhumit soi 4?

Yes, my experience was real. I have only been to tarot card psychics. They tell you to shuffle a deck of cards, than pick the requested amount of cards. ~ *You pick the cards and each card has significant meaning. The pyschic will look at the card & translate what it means. It will be about your future.

My last Thai psychic gasped in horror and said, Madam... you have 3 boyfriends!!! Than her friend stared at me. The psychic was in shock.

I thought it was funny and didn't take it seriously. I laughed it off and made a joke. (I guess my ego thought it was flattering to some extent.) You have to realize there will be a bit of language barrier. Parts of the reading will be missing.

I forgot about it and the next thing I knew...

I met someone and had a date in Bangkok and said good-bye. When I arrived in Pattaya, a Thai female friend wanted to introduce me to her Thai brother. Her brother asked me out to dinner. We went to dinner and he showed me around Pattaya on his motorbike. We had fun. Than we said good-bye. Than when I went North to Chiang Mai I met someone who also liked Muay Thai. He asked me if I wanted to get something to eat later in the evening. We hung out than said good-bye.

(In my culture a date is not a boyfriend.) A date is just a date until you establish a relationship.)

I realized that was what she meant by 3 boyfriends. Looking back it was a good reading ~ short but accurate.

Edited: 16 November 2011, 02:54