We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another shopping question (my apologies)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Another shopping question (my apologies)

I am apologising in advance, after ages of searching through the shopping threads, I am still unsure where abouts it the best area for us.

We will be looking mainly for cheap everyday clothing, eg shorts, shirts, t-shirts, etc. Nothing designer or brandname, just basic everyday clothing for a good price for ourselves (mid 30's)

We arrive for our 4 days in Bangkok around lunchtime on a Saturday, and hope to hit the shops that afternoon for a few hours.

Any guidance?

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers,

Steph

Terminal 21
Department Stores, Shopping Malls,
Train Night Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,748 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

You can hit MBK Center. There is plenty of "everyday" clothing all over the mall. The 3rd floor, south end, is thick with clothing. Also, MBK has tons of general merchandise.

You could also head to Pratunam, but I really don't think it's worth the bother.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 07:07
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

Thankyou so much OctoberSix! Looking forward to a bit of shopping. Luckily I upgraded my luggage allowance for the return sector home :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,585 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

MBK is about the best. You could also check some of the Malls in the vicinity of MBK for reductions/sales, this is worth doing.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
107 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

Strongly suggest mbk and platinum mall where prices and choices maybe more attractive for clothes ,shoes and bags. You have time ,visit both,buy what you like,do not wait to come back later,as you may not find your item or even the shop as both places are so huge.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

we went mad shopping at MBK :) .. a huge place .. do not forget to bargain ..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

Cool. Is MBK near a skytrain stop? We will be staying Riverside. I have not done my research yet, I need to look at a map which includes the skytrain stops I think.

I so can't wait!!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,585 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

It's near the Stadiou station which is at the end of the line. You can walk into MBK throught the Tokio store.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

Thanks!

9. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 19:17
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,748 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another shopping question (my apologies)

Chatuchak is quite the shopping experience, but it is a whole lot more than clothing. It's also weekends only, outdoors, hot and a bit out of the way.