We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants in bangkok?

thanks

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

clean, my fave place has roaches here are some clean one's enjoy

http://www.sukhothai.com/Dining/Celadon

http://www.baan-khanitha.com/#

tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d11…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d1…

if none of those work try this,

http://www.asiatatlerdining.com/thailand/

UK
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

We have had some very good meals at Baan Khanitha South Sathorn branch. Web www.baan-khanitha.com

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

Thank you all much appreciated

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

Its a big city. Where are you staying as there is decent food almost everywhere.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

Not meant to "scare" you, but the worst case of food poisoning I have ever had was after eating at a "clean" restaurant. What you see in the dining area means little about what is behind the kitchen doors.

"Marginal" food shops may not seem to have the best facilities. But, they are usually family owned and operated and therefore the staff is concerned for their customers. I have yet to get sick, eating "local", in over a decade of visiting and almost 5 years of living here.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

True - street food (or those 'hole-in-the-wall' type places) that is cooked while you wait is often the tastiest you can get, and at rock bottom prices. Hotels can be iffy as food is sometimes reheated especially in buffets. In upmarket restaurants you are often paying the rent rather than for any exceptional food.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

Thankfully never had food poisoning in Thailand and have eaten at some pretty dodgy looking places - worst food poisoning I ever had was in Australia, plenty of cases of salmonella poisoning here.

I always head to the place that has the most people and the food is cooked from fresh ingredients, you generally can't go wrong then - well, it's served me well so far.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

I wasn't kidding about roaches at our fave joint, also cats running under your feet. the food always had the best taste. just found out it may be a chain as well. written in Thai it reads arroi nenan or arroi sure. not saying to go out and look for roaches and cats but maybe these species know where the good eats are. the dogs wait kindly outside.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

The cats shouldn't be a problem. Cats are clean, intelligent animals and know how to avoid food that is contaminated. I have 3 cats and have never gotten sick from food I make in my kitchen (the cats don't get on the kitchen cabinet).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: can someone recommend a few great and clean thai restaurants

@OctoberSix - good point - as we don't know what happens behind the kitchen doors .. its not so much about food poisoning as it is about general hygiene and not be grossed out.

Don't get me wrong, i rather eat at a well kept authentic mom/pop shop any day over a fancy place with pressed waiters and decor.i'm a huge home-style foodie... but there are those places that are reasonably clean and those that are dirty ... and i was hoping that someone who has been to a great place where they felt comfortable could share the wealth.

you guys are funny with the roaches, cat and dogs hahahaha ... well thats what i get for asking for a clean place.... but its all good :)

@bbtony - still looking around for a hotel (will be there in a month) but probably thinking to stay in sathorn? I am willing to travel for good food anyway

thanks to all