We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Any good recommendations for Traditional Thai Massage in Bangkok.I have had hundreds of massages over the years, but very few good ones in Bangkok suprisingly.

My fave place is actually bangsaen pats massage - But its too far to go and im hoping someone can recommend one in bangkok?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Where are you staying?

http://www.healthlandspa.com has several branches around town

Like anything else, its the individual, rather than the particular place, that really matter.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,361 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Hi,

Healthands can get busy, so a good idea is IF you know what time you want, call or ask your hotel to call and book an appointment.. They tend to keep pretty close to time so 'late-comers' loose their slots and the next non-appointment waiting person is up.

But it's upscale, clean, professional and surprisingly cheap for what it is.

Travel Safe,

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Here is my view

A Massage is one of those "must do" experiences when visiting the Kingdom.

It is a great deal cheaper than Europe and a tradition in the land of smiles.

As far as I know, the main difference between a traditional and an oil massage is just the use of oil for the latter.

The degree of pressure can vary and you can agree this at the time.

If your pressure points hurt, just say "Jep" and they will ease their touch.

It is difficult to gauge the quality (or genuiness) of a massage establishment by the exterior.

If you find a good masseuse or masseur then follow her/him wherever they move to because they will be worth it.

To me is the person administering the massage that makes the difference.

Finally, some neighbourhoods slightly away from the main tourist areas will provide the same service at a fraction of the price but some knowledge of Thai may be useful.

If all fails, smile and use your hands to make your self understood.

A smile costs nothing and often will get you far.

I cannot recommend enough the benefit and value of enjoying a neck and shoulder and/or foot massage if you have just arrived and as a way of adapting to the new times and climate.

Travel safe

Giorgio Federico

Edited: 24 January 2012, 13:36
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Hello

Can you tell me if there's a healthland spa near any of the sky train stops? I'm staying at the Sheraton on the river and would love to know the closest

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

Hi;

There are many good traditional massages in the lower soi Skumvit road .

This is one of many reasons I like to stay close to lower soi Sukhumvit area.

You only need to walk soi5 Sukhumvit 100m. and see many Signs Thai massages parlor . The good one is Baan Thai with workers who trained by wat Po. massage school . The massage cost 250baht an hour. either foot or body massage .

6. Re: Best Traditional Massage Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:35