We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

Hi friends

I am arriving on Suvarnabhumi airport on 15 Feb at around 11:00 AM. Needed some information about visa on arrival process:

- What are the charges for Indian passport holders?

- How long it takes to process the visa on arrival request?

- What documents do I need to carry? (should I also take a print out of my stay in BKK and Pattaya)

- I guess you need to show 10000 THB or equivalent at the time of visa issuance. Do they really check on the currency you have?

Awaiting your response.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

1. I think its 1000 baht

2. That depends on the numbers of other people waiting for VOAs. You have to complete the form, pay the cash, then bring the forms (with photos attached) to the inbound immigration desk.

3 & 4. Passports - itinerary, cash & proof of outbound travel (return ticket) might be asked for, it all depends on the immigration officer.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

If you live in Mumbai it would be better if u get it via the Thai embassy. Takes only one day and very simple process. Why get in the queue at the bangkok airport?

Aurangabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

It is better to get VISA from Thai Embassy in Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

I just applied and collected my VISA from Delhi. The whole process was a breeze. The vfs web-site has all the information one needs. Really, it is very convenient and smooth. I guess the process in Mumbai would be just as simple.

We have already paid air-fares & hotel booking here itself. Now, we can have freedom to carry as much as we need and in whatever form we feel. Also, after landing at BKK, can look forward to speedy transfer to hotel & not be surprised by any long immigration queues. Consider this also.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 14:11
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

Hi,

I tend to agree.. I think that if it's possible to and not hugely cost disadvantageous to do so, you're almost always better off to get your visa (in the cases where you entry does require one) in advance..

While the VOA is a perfectly viable option, the wait time can vary-- and if you've planned later same-day activities like fligths and the like, then timing can be a concern... and by applying at home in advance, IF there are issues about your travel, passport or whatever, they can be addressed while at home..

The last thing you really want is to be there-- away from home-- then have some issue come up about your potential admissibility.

Again, I'm not against VOA-- it works in Bangkok and is a pretty reliable process and procedure, only that I think so long as time, cost and logistics are workable for you while at home, it's a nett better option to do this in advance,

Travel Safe,

6. Re: Visa on a visa on arrival - Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:18