We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Hi people,

I'll be in Bangkok just for two days (One afternoon, the next day complete and then next morning).

I can't decide if to stay the whole time in Bangkok visiting the city and it's sites, or go to Ayutthaya for the complete day and try to see the most iconic parts of Bangkok the rest of the time. I know it's too little time, but it's all that i have!

If it helps, I'm also visiting Angkor and Bagan, so that leans me to stay in Bangkok, but I'm really not sure.

Thanks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Hi,

Stay in Bangkok, Ayatthaya is great but there is so much to see in Bangkok that with your time frame you'd really short change yourself there with just two half days

Cheers

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Yep, stay in Bangkok - you can't even do the city justice in the amount of time you have let alone going to Ayutthaya for one day.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,231 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Two days should be enough to scratch the surface of Bangkok.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Yes, I agree with the others, stay in Bangkok, you won't have time to see all that there is to see there in the time you have.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Thanks! In fact I was expecting you all to answer that, it was also what I thought but wanted confirmation for whom has been already! Thanks and nice trips to you all!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,682 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Have a great trip. It's a shame that you have such little time in this wonderful city, but most certainly as others have said, it would be a waste of that time to spend most of it on a trip to Ayutthaya which would include too much time struggling through the traffic. Although it's wonderful, the fact that you'll be going to Bagan in Burma and visiting all the incredible sites in Siem Reap, it's best to keep Bangkok as a city visit place. There's certainly plenty to see and do there.

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

My advice is just spend your 2 days in Bangkok, skip Ayutthaya and u may plan to visit it when you have long holiday around central Thailand next time. There's so much to see around Bangkok. U can explore the heritage trail which located Ratanakosin district of Bangkok. Have nice food around Thanon Yaowarat in Chinatown district. Shopping till you drop in Ratchaprasong district, plenty of shopping to choose from, from the cheap stuffs in MBK to the luxurious gaysorn Plaza and Siam Paragon. If you come on weekend, go to Chatuchak Weekend Market , where you can find the stuffs with wholesale price. It is accessible via MRT, go to Kampheng Phet MRT station.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Thanks!! Yes, it seems like my two days in Bangkok will be intense. I will not go to ayutthaya, at least on this trip. I hope I can go back soon (It doesn't seems easy, I'm too far away).

Thanks for all your help!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

If you have time try going too "Wimanmek Mansion, Dusit, Bangkok", "Grand Palace" and "108 Buddha Footprints (Wat Po, Phra Nakorn).

If you are looking for activities ideas in Bangkok, please visit www.thailandtodo.com Hope you get some interesting ideas there :)

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two days in Bangkok. Should I skip Ayutthaya?

Ola Aucanc,

I have just returned from another soujourn in Thailand.

I did spend a full day in Ayutthaya visiting many of the temples.

If you did the same as me that would only leave you one day in Bangkok and with two days being hardly enough, one day would amount to one big blur in terms of memories.

Thus, in line with other fellow posters, on this occasion, skip Ayutthaya and spend your two days in Bangkok.

Happy staying

Giorgio Federico