We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

...Melo.

Actually, it was not the wrong turn, more a case of missing a turn the first time I looked for the place. Anyhow, this is for you food lovers.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Have you been?

Where do you go when you treat yourself like a gourmet and do not want to spend a fortune? (A little contradiction I know)

Post your comments so we can all benefit from shared quality information.

Happy digesting

Giorgio Federico

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

I had not heard of Melo until now. As I am always interested to try a new restaurant with high quality food, I will visit Melo when I return. However, the starter/snack menu published on letseat.at makes me a touch hesitant. The selection does not give me the impression that the items are really gourmet food, exotic mix yes. A top restaurant would not have this exotic assortment of dishes. This cant be all freshly prepared? If Melo is not too busy, the food may be stored a bit too long. Since Egger seems to be Austrian, why not include a bit of gourmet Austrian ? They don't only have Wiener Schnitzel.

I hope they are not trying to be too "gourmet" at a low price, and in the end people are no longet attracted by gourmet or low price.

Vanilla ice cream with chilli, however, sounds tempting.

Giorgio F. - do you know "Bonjour" at Ekamai rnd. the corner from Fullerton Apts..? Would be interested in your comment. Nothing more than interest. I've been there.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

Thanks will try it in a couple of months.

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

Bonjour,

A beautiful building adorned by a fountain and a French garden.

I went to see the building and promised myself to have either afternoon tea or dinner there on a next occasion.

As soon as I do I will post a review.

As with all reviews, they are just snapshots on the given day.

However, where the chefs are good, consistency should be there.

They claim to be the best French restaurant in Thailand and Tatler have backed them up of late.

Happy browsing

Giorgio Federico

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

What is the winelist like at Melo?

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

I must apologise Jemima as I did not drink wine on the night.

A lousy omission for an aspiring reviewer I know.

To that end, I will have to do better next time and browse the list even if I am not drinking.

Giorgio Federico

6. Re: Took the wrong turn at Soi 11 and ended up at...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:41