We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from airport to hotel

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
transport from airport to hotel

Hi

Can you please tell me if there are any special tips for getting taxis from hotel to Pathumwan Princess? If you have an idea of costing too, that would be great :)

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from airport to hotel

just avoid all the taxi touts inside the arrival hall and head straight out the front door to the official taxi kiosk. Tell the attendant where you want to go and they will pass info on to driver. Ask the driver to use expressway as it is much quicker (you will need to give him the money to pay tolls directly 60 baht I think)taxi fare should be about 300 baht. Good luck Catherine

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from airport to hotel

Hi Mrs DC

As mole had mention go to the Booth outside the Arrival hall, they will give U a coupon with the Taxi number on. A portion is for Drive & the other for U to keep.

Make sure it is by Meter AND with my experienced you do not have to give the driver the Toll Fee upfront, good driver pay first & add onto the Metered fare at the end of the trip.(Just note how much, alway good to ask if U dunno).

But if U met one that ask U to pay first, make sure U take note of that at the end of the trip, so U only pay for wat is shown on the meter plus the Airport surcharge of 50 baht. No more, as some driver try to be funny & add it up again at the end of the trip.

Hope this helps.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from airport to hotel

Ops.........But if the driver had been extremely helpful with luggage & drive well, it alway good to tip. Which I alway round off the Fare (30-50baht).

To Pathumwan princess should cost U no more than 380 Baht including Airport Surcharge (50 Baht) & Toll Fee.

I paid 350 Baht including Airport Surcharge & Toll Fee to Novotel Siam Square.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from airport to hotel

Thank you very much

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from airport to hotel

You Are welcome, have a great trip.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from airport to hotel

i recommend pre-booking with changthaitravel.com

expect to pay 600 - 700 baht for transfer, which is cheaper than when you pick up at the airport.

yu dont need to pay anything upfront, you can book on line and the driver will meet you at airport with a sign with your name on it

I found them to be very reliable, they also did my land transfer to Hua Hin and I found them to be the cheapest

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transport from airport to hotel

Oh No need Pre-booking.

There are tons of Metered Taxi in the Airport Taxi Q, waiting to pick passenger from most flight.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transport from airport to hotel

Quote from 1116

"recommend pre-booking with changthaitravel.com

expect to pay 600 - 700 baht for transfer, which is cheaper than when you pick up at the airport."

Unquote

To pay 3 times the standard rate for a transfer from the airport to your hotel is crazy

Excluding the 50 Baht airport tax and expressway fees my last trip only cost 141 Baht on the meter to a sukhumvit hotel. Include everything and still less than 200 Baht