We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel info in BKK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Topic
Airport to hotel info in BKK

Hi There,

Need advise..We'll arrive at Bangkok airport from Tokyo at 11:05 pm...Can I get cab outside the airpot to hotel it will be easier?...Our hotel name is Silom city hotel at soi Prachum...

Thanks!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Hi,

Yes.. and do know at 2305hrs the airport is a very busy place.. for both arrivals and departures..

The public taxis can be had on the FIRST floor, you cone out of the customs hall on the SECOND floor, so all you need to do is follow the signs down one level (escalator, walkaltor or elevator) and get into the taxi line.

the FAQ on this topic, found on the right hand side of this page, speaks directly to this and includes pictures of what to look for as well as the process and fare issues in great detail.

Travel Safe,

houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Thank u so much for ur response...Yes I read the FQA about Taxi's...Got lots of info...

Do u have any Idea how far this Sliom area from the airport?..

Thanks a lot.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Its not distance as much as traveling time. An average taxi ride is 40-45 minutes to Silom. It can be more or less depending on the tIme of day and traffic conditions. The airport is in Samut Prakarn Province a little outside the Bangkok city limits. The road from the airport is mostly an expressway.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 07:33
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Hi,

As you've said you'll be in at 23:10.. that means I'd expect you to be outside of the customs hall by around 00:10 or so.. I'd be surprised if it was later than that...

At that hour the travel time will be nominal.. I live in the Sathorn area and drive to;from the airport at those hours.. I'd expect that it will take you about :25 or so.. :35 at worst.. So assuming you're in your taxi at around 00:15 to 00:30, I think you'd be at your place around 00:40 to 01:10 or so.. no worse than..

At that hour you *can* request the driver not go via the expressway (thus saving B70 in tolls).. but IMHO, I'd take the expressway as there is an expressway exit for your area that's rather convenient.... but you *do* have that option..

Travel Safe,

houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Thank u so much for this helpful advise...

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

I caught the train from the airport and transferred to the BTS. It's fast, cheap, clean and convenient.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

But it doesn't run after midnight.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

D'Oh......you're right. Checked the timetable and no service between midnight and 06:00.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

your best getting a taxi al ready booked, i have been many times and you get some taxis who do not know ere they are going, i use oriental escape

http://www.orientalescape.com/ and they are cheap too.

houston
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to hotel info in BKK

Thanks a lot for all ur responses...We'll def.hire a cab because it will be too late and we've 2 kids and luggage with us so better to have cab...

Vanyalouise I really liked this idea to book in advance...I went to this website but confused how I can book this?...Can u please help me?.

Thanks!