We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Hi All,

My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand in Sept, staying in BKK for 8 nights then heading to Chiang Mai. I have a quote for the following private tour to Kanchanaburi. The cost quoted is 8400B including:

JEATH War Museum / The Bridge Over The River Kwai / Train ride along the

Death Railway/ Sai Yok Noi Waterfall all in one day.

Tour guide

Driver

Lunch

All admission fee’s

Do you think this is a reasonable price to pay?

The other question I have is, Erawan Waterfall better than Sai Yok Noi and is there any extra travelling to get to Erawan V’s Sai Yok and cost?

Thanks for your help.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Why dont you get the train to Kanchanaburi,contact Good Times Travel for tour from Kanchanaburi,stay the night in raft room at VN Guesthouse for $11 incl breakfast,have a half day tour the next day and get the bus or train back(or a private driver).It will be heaps cheaper,not rushed and you can do more!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

agree with you emuplains, that would be cheaper but I have already booked/paid for accomodation in BKK and our Itinerary doesnt allow a stop over in Kan.

Having said that, good times travel is still cheaper with alsmost the same inclusions, so might keep them in mind

Thanks for responding and hope the weather is nice in NSW today!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Absolutely wonderful for a cgange!

Noi was our guide.We changed tours,made them longer and had a great time with Good Times.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

It seems quite pricey but convenient. The Sai Yok Noi waterfall is close to Nam Tok railway station and requires little walking unlike the Erawan Falls. To visit the Erawan you will need at least 4 hours to walk there and back from the trailhead. If you are travelling up from Bangkok you may not have enough time to visit the Erawan. If possible, you could visit the Hellfire Pass, it is about 20 kms north of Nam Tok and based on the information you have given above it should be possible.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Also have a look at a company called We Tour Thailand, we used them in October for a private tour, fantastic company and good prices.

Cathy

http://wetourthailand.com/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Last year I used Tan and she was excellent with a great driver in a modern spacious comfy car.

I don't remember exactly what I paid but it was around $130 per person for the same itinerary you mention to Kanchanaburi, minus the waterfall. Well worth it for the convenience. We were picked up from our hotel at 7am and arrived back at around 6.30pm so it's a long day but memorable and worthwhile.

Your quote for a private driver and tour guide to Kanchanaburi sounds about right to me.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 09:34
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

fresh_prince: which tour company did you use, please?

Uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

Hi Gaz

I agree with Fresh Prince not MIles of and no hassle door to door.-. We are back in Thailand next month seems ages since we were there.

We are going to Hire Wandee again- not let us down yet and pricing is reasonable. She is on wandee@wandeetours.com or www.wandeetours.com.

We have found her service to be reliable in the past and are confident she will do as she says.

9. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 16:41
10. Re: Private Tour to Kanchanaburi...thoughts please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:37