It will be my first time in Bangkok from May 4 - May 8 (can spend longer if needed) and I will be travelling solo.
I've been scouring the hotel reviews and I can't quite seem to find the "perfect" place for me. Wondering if you Bangkok experts can help a gal out? :)
Here are my preferences:
- No more than $50ish CAD/USD night if possible, but cheaper is always better.
- Walking distance to BTS or MTS or chao praya express boat stops.
- Fairly thai/authentic feeling (if that's possible? not looking for a cookie-cutter chain type hotel)
- Friendly & clean
- Would prefer my own private room/bath but I can be flexible on that too
- Would prefer somewhere that had thai owners/staff and thai food
- Someplace safe(ish) for the solo female traveller...but perhaps also that has common areas to meet others and chat.
FYI I'm a 35-year old married female so am definitely not looking for night life. I'm looking to walk the city, take in cultural sites, see and meet local people, chat to a few travellers, etc.