We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

West Midlands
Level Contributor
449 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Hi there

We are off to Thailand in June and will be staying in BKK for 3 nights. The days are all sorted but the nights may not be. Night 1 we will go to Rambuttri road and Khoa San Road. Night 2 - China Town then night 3 was going to be a visit to Patpong as a lot of people say that you cant go to BKK and not go to the Patpong area. See thing is we arent really fussed about going to see it and also will have our 3 year old daughter with us but the question is 'Can you visit BKK and not visit Patpong?' . If we dont has anyone got some suggestions for the third night. We were thinking a dinner cruise but are there any better suggestions flying around TA.

After three weeks in Thailand we will be going back to BKK and having a nice meal at the Bayoke Sky hotel before our flight home to the UK.

Many thanks

Jo

Edited: 23 April 2012, 14:30
London
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Ofcoz you don't have to..have been to Bangkok many times but never been to Patpong...if you didn't have a 3yr old I would say do check out bed supperclub,a cool place to hang around and try cabbages and condoms restaurant lovely food!!!

Siam Niramit is brill as well the kid will love it.

But yeh as some have mentioned the cruise will be great.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,992 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Extended visits since the 90's, living here since 2007, I walked Patpong once, because a friend dragged me down there.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

^horrible your mate dragged you there kicking and screaming. :D

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

i went to patpong this year because it was something to do of an evening & i hadnt been there before. crowded, overpriced tourist merchandise and very pushy touts. i lasted 30 minutes before i left. go to chatuchuk market instead, much much more fun :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

There would be better places to visit. Have a look at the Siam Niramit show, well worth going to and your little one would love it.

London
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

I will be visiting Bangkok in June with two little ones, but I am not sure I would like to take them to Patpong. Can just imagine trying to explain to my little girl where all the fluffy kittens are, after she reads the 'Super P*ssy' signs....

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

I have many drunken nights here, its not a place for children. interesting if your a social drinker and its good to know some locals or come with some. sometimes finding a taxi out of this place is a joke. hmmm better to say every time.

another problem you may have is dining at Bayoke, Ive only done the buffet and for the price it may work. would rather have a nicer dinner somewhere else but maybe your going for the experiance. it has to be done, good luck.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Will be on our 4th trip to BKK in September never been to Patpong.

H

Sheffield
Level Contributor
92 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Patpong is the sort of place you visit and afterwards wonder why! However along Silom there are plenty of restaurants’ and shopping, you can get a feel of what Patpong is by walking down Silom past the ends of the two Soi's. Plenty of stalls selling lots of tack you don't need. Further down Silom there is a place called Silom Village which is nice to go with a youngster, they have a show in the evening with traditional Dancing, well they used to! its been a few years since I went. It’s a quite extensive restaurant come eatery and I've always enjoyed our visits.

Enjoy your trip whatever you decide.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
57 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Can you visit Bangkok and not visit Patpong???

Bangkok has so much to offer than a roll in the hay, you can definitely skip Patpong and its crowded alley filled with knock-offs. One trip , just to say you've been there will be enough.