We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

Dose anyone know of a good Hotel and area in Bangkok to stay, close to transport and restraunts?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

This discussion is already active on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k536…

Budget??

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

Most areas you are likely to stay in Bangkok will have restaurants and some form of transport. Individual hotels will be further or closer to the available transport.

If this is a first time visit I would suggest either Sukhumvit or Siam then pick a hotel within your budget close to BTS or MRT station (My preference is BTS)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

I usually stay on Sukhumvit since it is well served by the Skytrain (BTS) which makes life easy for getting around the city. There are some half decent budget hotels in the area if that is what you are looking for. And, as suggested above you can find food easily just about everywhere !

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

What are you looking for in Bangkok? Want bars available or want to avoid them? Mostly interested in shopping? How much per night do you want to spend on a hotel room?

I like the Sukhumvit/Asoke area so I can use the Skytrain. But others might prefer something further away riverside, some tourists may prefer Pratunam or elsewhere.

Hotel rooms with air and private bathroom start around 600 baht but you can also find rooms over 6000 baht a night. That is why you are asked how much do you want to spend per night to narrow down recommendations.

Most of the hotels are okay in Bangkok. Some may be nearer nightlife and some may be further away from cheap rail service. Your choice!

George, if you are alone or with a bunch of guys out to hit some bars maybe Sukhumvit, Nana area will work out fine! Easy access to Skytrain, hotels in all price ranges, restaurants, travel agencies for tours, streets are still alive past 2 a.m.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

I like the Banglamphu area as it is possible to find some nice quiet Soi's to stay in, also it is not far from the river to use the river taxis which I like best! It is not close to any Skytrain stations but taxi's are reasonable enough as long as they put the meter on!

I always stay here http://www.newsiam.net/ns/newsiam2.php they also have a hotel on the river.

An evening walk down Khao San Road can be quite an interesting but full on experience I wouldn't stay there, daytime Khao San Road is good for browsing the markets & stalls and getting street food and people watching.

There is a quieter version of Khao San Road which is just round the corner and is much mellower with a nice evening street scene on Soi Chanasongkhram

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

Around 2000 to 3000 Baht would be good, me and wife would like to be close to Skytrain etc making it easy to get around, shopping good, sightseeing and of course eating as far as bars go just a couple of drinnks not out to party. Just a good holiday.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

The OP does not state the budget or whether they are couples or single.

Personally I would stay in the Riverside area or Silom to be nearer the Chao Phaya river transport sightseeing etc & still have easy access to BTS.

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

My wife and I would like to be close to Skytrain etc making it easy to get around, shopping good, sightseeing and of course eating and a couple of drinnks. Around 3000 Baht would be good.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

We like the river area and there's hotels there to suit all budgets.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Area To Stay In Bangkok

Thomaxs,

I would stay on the Sukhumvit/Wireless/Pholencit area right near the BTS. It makes for convienent exploring of the city and going out at night. If you don't know what hotel yet you can always go to www.agoda.com and search for hotels in Bangkok and then filter by Sukhumvit, pick a random hotel and then click on the map. There you should see all the options located by the BTS and even what is close to each BTS station.

Hope that helps. My friend said the Terminal 21 Hotel is open. It is attached to a shopping center and also the Asoke BTS station.