We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rice barge tour

england
Level Contributor
321 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Rice barge tour

Hi everyone

I'm thinking about booking a half day rice barge tour, can anyone recommend a good tour company to use?

What are the cruises like?are they worth it?

Many thanks

Anneloo

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,041 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rice barge tour

We did this tour through Asia Web direct, we were picked up from our hotel around 2.30pm and taken to the river - the first half of the trip was on a longtail boat around the khlongs (canals) of Thonburi to see how the locals live), after than we transferred to a Rice Barge for the return journey, very comfortable and we got to eat lots of lovely Thai fruits.

england
Level Contributor
321 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rice barge tour

Brilliant sound like a great way to spend an afternoon!

Many thanks for replying

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,041 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rice barge tour

bangkok.com/river-cruise-tours/ricebargecrui…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rice barge tour

That tour looks great we loved the tours we did in Bangkok.. Can you tell me how much it cost.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,041 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rice barge tour

Scroll down the page, 850 for adults and 650 for kids, this includes pick up and drop off at your hotel and fruit and refreshments on the Rice Barge.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rice barge tour

I have been looking at everything to do in Bangkok that is a great sight you posted .. I fancy some of the museums as well

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rice barge tour

thanks cassnu--how many people on the longtail?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,041 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rice barge tour

There were about 20 people, it was a large and comfortable long tail.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
20,146 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rice barge tour

On two occasions over the years we've taken a rice barge tour but it was two days and overnight. The first time we were picked up from the hotel in the early afternoon, off slowly up the river and then moored overnight next to a temple complex where the monks look after sick stray animals. Next morning early we were given the opportunity to go ashore into the temple, provide offerings to the monks and speak with them about their work. Then on to Ayathuya (I realise I've misspelt this) which was just wonderful. Had a trip around the sights, were fed lunch and then a bus back to Bangkok.

We absolutely loved it. There was only accommodation for six people on the barge and we were offered wonderful meals cooked on board. The second time some years later, we did the trip in reverse which was also wonderful. Sorry, can't remember the name of the company and of course can't remember the cost.

10. Re: Rice barge tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:17