We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Air - Premium Economy

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tain
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Eva Air - Premium Economy

Flew from London Heathrow to Bangkok with Eva Air, premium economy class. Having flown to Bangkok twice before with other airlines thought we would try somebody different. Never again. The air hostesses on board the plane are not helpful and treat you in a negative and unfriendly manner also ignoring requests for an extra drink once they have already given you one and the only way you get one is to go to the back of the plane where they all congregating eating and drinking for hours on end. The only time you see them is when they are dishing out the three meals which are supplied on the flight which are really not pleasant to eat or even look at. We had two Heineken and when asked for another later on they firstly ignored us then when asked again they said they had none left but we saw plenty of cans in the refrigerator. The seats were uncomfortable. Tried up upgrade to business class but they wanted an extra £700 each one way, the reason for this was the premium economy is only slightly better than economy but I have to say the economy seats are really small and it looked like the people who were in economy were having a flight from hell as the plane was packed out in the economy seats and premium economy. To sum up - if you want lousy food, unpleasant, unhelpful cabin staff and want the flight from hell in economy due the extremely small and packed seats this is the flight for you!

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eva Air - Premium Economy

I usually fly either Eva Air or Thai Airways.

The seats in Economy on both airlines are basic no doubt but is that not the case with other airlines too?

The main differences I have noticed between the two airlines are in the entertainment system, which seemed superior on Eva Airways until Thai introduced back seat individual screen on their new planes.

Airplane food in Economy class with most airlines is basic and not a gourmet experience.

I also noticed that Thai Airways seem to provide real cutlery while with Eva tends to be plastic.

I have noticed Eva Air staff are quite efficient but I have not experienced rudeness.

I found both companies to keep a tidy environment with clean toilets.

Other than that (and mindful of your unfortunate experience) I seem to have had a difference in flight experience.

I am not saying it was a 10 but good enough to fly with them again.

Let's see what other experience TAs posters may wish to share.

Giorgio Federico

2. Re: Eva Air - Premium Economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:17