We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Transfers from airport to hotel options please. We are family of 4 with 2 teens and 4 suitcases. I dont think one taxi will fit all of us. The express train is 150 bht each but we will need a taxi to the hotel from the end of the line. Oriental escape is 800bht for family car. Any other reliable options?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

AOT limo service in the arrivals hall are reliable and have a varIety of new vehicles including passenger vans. I think their rates would be cheaper.

Have you looked at the first Top Question on the right of this page..

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Four suitcases will not fit in a standard car trunk, and with 4 of you, there will be no space in the passenger compartment. Option one is 2 taxis, or hope for a minivan taxi. Option 2 is go to the AOT desk and hire a minivan (or minibus). This will not be anywhere close to 800 Baht, I would expect to pay 1200-1500, maybe more. The cheapest route is 2 taxis. I almost always take the AOT minibus option, because we prefer traveling together and I like the convenience of not having to tote my luggage to the taxi line, but it is a little more money and is by no means a must.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,220 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Last time I was travelling with a few people we were quoted 1400 by AOT to sukhumvit, didn't use them took 2 taxis which was considerably cheaper.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Yes of course AOT are more expensive. They provide a limo service with modern cars and reasonably good drivers. You get what you pay for.

The OP could opt to use the City Line train instead of the express and pay only 45 baht each as far as either Makkasan or Phayathi.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

We have booked Peter for a transfer. He is recommended by the apartment we are staying, and have also seen him mentioned by other TA users. Haven't used him yet, but the email correspondence was professional. Here's the info they have on their site:

"Peter's number is: +66(0) 85-349-9995

and his email is: p.peter98@hotmail.com.

Airport to apartment costs Bt700 as does the return journey. If the arrivals is post 11pm and pre 6am then the cost is Bt800

He speaks good english and he drives the Toyota INNOVA adjacent. It can handle 6 people with no lugagge and 4 persons with luggage. The car is fitted with Wi-Fi, and a DVD player with a large selction of DVD's."

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

And does he have insurance to carry paying passengers?

Wales
Level Contributor
573 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

Last summer we went to the airport official taxi rank stated that we were 4 adults plus 4 cases and they just got us a larger car. I think it cost 800 baht but don't quote me on that. The same on return, our hotel booked us a taxi and told them how many passengers and we paid the same price on our departure.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

go to AOT desk and ask for a MU7 which is a SUV this would easily get 4 of you plus 4 suitcases in comfort, they charged me 950 including tolls from airport to Siam Square. excellent service and a very safe driver

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,216 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

I have never felt a need to take the Express since the City Line is only 45 baht to Phaya Thai. Less if you get off at Makkasan or Ratchaprorop. You can connect with Skytrain at Phaya Thai if necessary.

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

Where is your hotel located at? What is the name of the hotel?

10. Re: I don't think one taxi would fit all of us? private options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:17