We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

middle name missing off air asia booking

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
middle name missing off air asia booking

hi everyone

just booked an air asia flight from bangkok and foolishly did not put in my middle name (it says must be the same as in passport) is this a big problem ?, i have tried many times to contact air asia but cannot get through,i realize that no one on this forum can speak for air asia but has anyone had this experience.

thankyou in advance for any answers

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

I'm at Changi right now and My air asia ticket only has first and last name on it.

They wrote in My middle name.

Edited: 09 July 2012, 09:35
melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

Hi. On our last lot of flights within them I was in a panic about not having our middle names on the ticket. So got in touch with Air Asia. 1st I was told we had to change them. Then was told it was ok not to have them as there isn't a spot on the booking form for middle names. Out of 22 people in our group only 4 had mucked around getting the middle name added. The rest of the group were fine.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

Hi, I have never put my middle name on my flights even though it is on my passport Air Asia have never asked for it.

Viv

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

We have used AA a few times now and only ever put first & last names on the tickets, it has always ben fine and nobody at check in or otherwise has questioned it!

as long as the name on the ticket is the same as on the passport it should be ok, and also that the spelling of the names are correct!

Edited: 09 July 2012, 10:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

Although my passport has my middle name on it, I have never put it on an airline booking, not once. It has never been queried.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

I have also never put my middle name on an airline booking even though it's on my passpaort and have never had a problem

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

nor me- never had a problem

UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

as with others I've never put it on an airline booking even though its on passport, so long as your name is spelt right.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

never put my middle name in, I was told by air asia it did not need to be put in, the Reason some asian people have massive middle names and all they require is first and last name.

Hervey

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: middle name missing off air asia booking

Quick question for all you people who travel to Thailand. My son is flying on Tuesday to Bankok (Newcatle/ Amsterdam/Bankok). He has just gone to print his e ticket out (sent over from Travel agent) to find that the ticket shows his first and middle names joined together, ie DAVIDANDREW. Will this be a problem or should he get it amened to show David Andrew (Smith, surname) ? I am very surprised that he does not need to enter his API but there does not seem to be anywhere to do it on either the KLM connecting flight or the China Airways flight into Bankok.

Thanks you any help anyone is able to give.

Deaconblue