We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Here is a review on

CENTRE POINT SILOM

and I have included photos too

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Happy browsing

Giorgio Federico

p.s. Thank you to Bill2p for suggesting it some time ago

Illinois
Level Contributor
420 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Thanks, Giorgio. We still haven't gone to bkk but you make me want to change mt reservations. Grams98

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Looks like you enjoyed the place! (Though I wonder about your description of a firm bed. Was this the type of bed that some visitors call "rock hard"?)

My workplace has negotiated rates at CentrePointe Petchaburi. Rates are pretty good, but of course the location doesn't compare.

I noticed that when I tested the CentrePointe Silom's own Website, if one tries 15+ days, it offers monthly rates for some rooms - in one case half the daily rate. (I didn't check, the monthly rate might involve the formalities of a short lease, including deposit, separate payment of utilities, non-daily cleaning, cleaning fee at the end of one's stay, no breakfast - or not?).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

The end of stay cleaning is typical in Europe. Never had it in Bkk. Deposit is a normal requirement. Some charge utilities, some dont.

Roseburg, OR
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Is access from BKK (Suvamabhumi International Airport) to this hotel user friendly? We arrive in Bangkok early tomorrow morning and leave 24 hours later. Would this hotel be a good choice for such a short stay or are there better options? Suggestions???

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

I also prefer the river location in Bangkok, I could watch the boats going up and down all day.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Chrella, Centre Point is not on the river like MO or Shangri la. Not sure if you can watch the boats from there even with a room in river direction.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,663 posts
1,576 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

The photos provided by the OP certainly show some great river views.

Nice accomodation but one is spoilt in Babgkok for accomodation choices. We love every hotel we have stayed at in Bangkok so far.

Tommo

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

Grams 98, good to hear from you and glad that you are still planning to go ahead with your Bkk trip. I look forward to your JBR in due course

XXX

Earthlingonline, the bed was just firm. The only rock hard shock was Spain beaitng Italy 4-0 - what a football lesson!! The Studio I stayed at normally is 6,000thb per night. However, due to low season+waiting for a special offer on Agoda, I secured it for a fraction less than 2,500thb. Worth checking regularly.

XXX

Nomadic fever, you are awesome and incredibly clever, you are observant and never miss a thing. I cannot compete with you, ever!!!

XXX

hockman4357, lots of options in Bkk for hotels. ARL and BTS will get you there. However, it depends on how much luggage you have, how tired you are, time of arrival, traffic. Many factors to consider. If you search on Agoda, you should be able to find many options. Also, it's low season and price ranges are better. Enjoy your stay.

XXX

Chrella, I share your sentiments and I did do that too.

XXX

tommomelbourne, I agree. A little search always worth it and yes there are many good hotels although my number one choice for convenience and out of loyalty remains On8.

XXX

thank you everyone for your comments.

Giorgio Federico

9. Re: Are you considering whether you should stay by the river?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:16