We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 09:00
London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Thnak you Joyce.

All very relevant and current.

Chatuchak or Jatujak, what a fascinating (but crowded) place hey?

Probably the biggest market in the world.

Look forward to your other JBRs.

Btw, laundry near Nana Bts, may I ask where and how much you paid per piece? This will be interesting for other visitors that sometimes look for a laundry in Sukhumvit. I have used the tiny one at the beginning of Suk Soi 8 (left) just after the first food vendor but that was over two years ago and prices may have changed. Some hotels provide a w/m inside the room too.

Happy writing

Giorgio Federico

2. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Thank you Joyce.

I will give check out the laundry on soi 11 when I am next there.

If you click on my profile, I posted a recent short review of Chatuchak and there are more reviews of a few places in case you need any information as and when you return to Bangkok.

Happy reading/writing

Giorgio Federico

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
472 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Thanks for a great report Joyce, very informative and it has solved my laundry problem when we're there in September. The price seems very good and compared to hotel charges and even what we pay at home is not bad at all.

Quite agree about JJ market through, the heat and humidity always prevent me from spending more than a couple of hours there, after that I feel like a wet dishcloth but love the place nevertheless and the size always amazes me. Roll on September I can't wait.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

I'm really enjoying reading about your travels, loads of great info for anyone planning a trip, thanks.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Know how you felt after 4 hours at the market.

7. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

Nice, informative report. You lasted about the average at JJ market. That is our average, and reading reports here over the years it seems to be everyone's as well. The heat and humidity after a couple of hours just becomes overwhelming.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

We are hoping there will be less heat and humidity in early Dec. ...have to beat the 2.5 hrs average at Chatuchak !!

Seriously, a very informative JBR, - cannot wait for our first Thailand trip.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR 5 Amazing days in Bangkok Part 2

greta report Joyce. I have been to Bangkok several times but you have given me the odd idea for future trips. Glad you like the President Palace, I always stay there now as the location for variety of night life and places to eat suits me.

Looking forward to your next contribution.