We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kooralbyn, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Hi, Im heading to Bangkok on Monday and will have two full days so was wondering which tour people enjoyed more..... 40km cycling tour stopping at floating markets, and a couple of farms along the way with an ox /wagon ride through the rice paddies or the tiger temple/ river kwai tour??? HELP im running out of days! Also are we better off to book the tours before we go through internet or travel agency. Or book whilst over there?? thankyou...

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

The tiger temple has over 100 terrible reviews on this site. I'd go for the cycling tour.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

There are also day tours that take in the Floating Market and the Tiger Temple.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Cycle to the tiger temple.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Before you decide which to do use the search box above, you'll get loads of info especially regarding the tpro's and cons of the tiger Temple, I personally wouldn't go there.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Wasnt the question "cycle tour or tiger temple"?

OP wasnt looking for opinion whether to visit TT or not.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

It never matters.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

Here we go again...

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

And to provide an opinion on which would be best to visit you have to comment on the differences between the two, even though tiger temple lovers will criticise you for it. Everyones entitled to an opinion even if you don't agree with it.

Stick with the cycling tour. You'll probably get to see parts of Thailand that are off the usual tourist trail. The floating markets are good fun and by visiting farms you'll get an insight how rual people live. Love the idea of riding the ox cart through the paddy fields. Plus you'll get a chance to burn off all the calories you'll pack in sampling lots and lots of yummy thai food. We drove through Vietnam and Laos a few years back stopping off here, there and everywhere and I found it a much more enjoyable experience than flying from city to city and hopping around the usual tourist sites. You get to see a hell of a lot more and have a lot more interaction with the local people. I'm guessing the cycling tour would provide a similar experience.

All you'll get at the tiger temple is a long journey, be corralled into a queue with other tourists in 40 degree heat just to hand over big bucks just to have a quick photo with a tiger or if you're willing to stump up more money, the chance to smother some poor cub with shampoo. The cycle tour sounds fascinating whereas the other is money making trophy photo tourism at its worst. However, the river Kwai part of this tour would be interesting particularly if (like me) you know someone whose father was captured and forced to work on the railway and lost some good friends along the way.

In terms of booking now or later, we've always booked in advance as the tour costs are much of a muchness. We've always used SalaThaiTravel and never had to pay deposit up front. We just pay in cash on the day to the tour guide.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

I'd say that your cycling tour will give you a much richer taste of the real Thailand and an experience more likely to stay with you.

Stoke-on-Trent...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cycling tour V'S Tiger temple??

I went to the tiger temple a few years back, it was depressing and overpriced. Yes you get to pet a tiger, however im convinced those tigers were in a less than lucid state (others may disagree). The river kwai is nice, but not much to it other than the bridge, a museem and the graveyard. There is also an elephant tourist place near there where you get the privilege of paying alot of money to ride a elephant into a river. personally i'd go with the bike ride.