We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 5 amazing days part 3

JBR 5 amazing days part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 09:00
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Another fabulous report, thanks. All the times we have been to Bangkok we've never been to the train market so that's on my list for our next visit and will definitely be checking out the "Rome" toilets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Thank you for your lovely reports Joyce. We are heading over in about 2 weeks time and your information is both helpful and reassuring.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Thanks for such an informative review. My husband and I are heading to Bangkok in Sept for my 40th birthday and your adventures have helped me immensely.

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Hi Joyce,

another lovely report, thank you.

When you refer to the train market, do you mean

Ban Nakwang Station (more of a pavement in the middle of the country with a rather faded sign) a small village in the Samut Songkram province?

Also, given that you are intend to go back to the number one city in the world according to

travelandleisure.com/worldsbest/2012/cities

When visiting Terminal 21, try their Food Court -Pier 21 - lots of choices and great value for money.

Regarding the Roman toilets (I hail from the eternal city btw) I hope you did not throw any coins...:-)

Happy days

Giorgio Federico

5. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 09:00
London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Mea Klong. Yep, that's the one - just less than two hours from Bangkok.

The train arrives and the cameras and flashes go into a frenzic overdrive. The local vendors know the train goes by four times a day but they do not need a watch - they just look at the position of the sun!

All very fascinating to a foreigner like me.

Coins. You should have thrown at least a coin (5 or 10 thb in the hands of the cleaner) and start a tradition (as in Rome) that you will return...just kidding of course.

Look forward to your other JBRs.

Giorgio Federico

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your lovely report. Love the comment about thrown in the coin in to the fountain ( toilet) though lol. But I'm glad you didnt otherwise you might find yourself behind bars.

Cheers,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for the 3part JBR... we are heading over to Thailand Feb/March next year for about 3 weeks, spending 6 nights in bkk... Love the forums and especially the JBR's. Whilst reading your reports I have been 'googling' (lol) the places, trips you have mentioned.. they are now bookmarked for inclusion in the final itinerary. love the toilet hopping!!

very helpful and informative.

Thanks again

cheers...

9. Re: JBR 5 amazing days part 3

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:17