We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

3 years and 1 year old kids staying in St Regis Hotel, any good clean fun places near the hotel and what are the options for this age of kids to in Bangkok central area?

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Why cant the parents entertain the kids?

I am not sure what special fun entertainment area a one or 3 year old need other than play under responsible supervision i.e. the parents. May be this my old fashioned thinking.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

There are kid zones in most of the malls including Central World. There might enjoy seeing the monitor lizards at Lumpini Park, or Ocean World at Siam Paragon.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
777 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Nomadic forever I think he actually meant where can they take the kids that would be of interest to them, it isn't easy entertaining a 3 year old and a 1 year old in a strange city so it's nice I have things planned and to know of some good places to visit. I think your response was unnecessarily harsh and sarcastic. If you do not understand the question properly perhaps it would be best not to answer in future?

Dubai976 in answer to your question probably be a good idea to have lots of fun pool time and take them to some nice ice cream parlours in the mall. Maybe a run around lumphini park one morning to see the monitor lizards would be good too?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

emandmaddy, do 1 and 3 year olds eat ice cream? One never stops learning..

BTW - my reply was not aimed at you. I am sure the OP can comment him/herself.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
777 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Errrrr yes, in the real world one and three year olds LOVE ice cream.......

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

You may find that the OP has a 'thing' about lizards and other 'insects' as they seemed to want to know about them on the Maldives forum.

Probably not a good idea to suggest going to see monitor lizards, in view of this....although I doubt you'll hear back from the OP, as suggested by many previous forum posts. ;-)

Level Contributor
730 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Hi

Not sure of places to go exactly as this will be our first trip to Bangkok with our 2.5 year old, but based on other trips would recommend some of the following generic things:

- pool is always good

- aquarium (our daughter loved the one in KL last year - there is one in BKK)

- zoo

- parks (can anyone let me know if it's ok to take a picnic to the parks? If we did we won't be the only ones will we? Any particular park)

- ride along the river

- adventure zone area as already recommended above

- tuk tuk rides (consider the safety aspec, I think they are ok - my dad used to drive the equivalent in India when he was younger and I've driven them as well on holidays in India and am ok with the safety aspect)

- elephant shows/rides/bathing

- the tiger temple is fun but I would not take my daughter due to a safety, they are wild cats after all.

- snake farm/zoo

Feel free to share any other specifics you come across - we travel in 9 days :)

Bangkok, Krung...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

Funarium at sukumvit.

9. Re: Kids Play Area or Things to do for Kids in Central Bangkok..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:17