We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

Below is another private tour, If outside of Bangkok will be 5,900 Baht 10 hrs. extra hr. will be 500 Baht. ( does usually price between in town or outside of city ?)

Not to include any meals, tickets, entrance fees.

But include English speaking guide, Van or car with driver, gasoline.

We will collect you from your Bangkok hotel and proceed north out of Bangkok to the city of Ayutthaya

On the route we will make the first stop at Bang Pa In Summer Palace

At the Summer Palace at Bang Pa-In see the mixture of Thai, Chinese and Gothic architecture. 

we will proceed to the city of Ayutthaya and visit the first Temple of the day (Wat Yai Chaimongkhol) 

Lunch will be taken on a floating restaurant on the river and then we will see a further selection of some of the more interesting temples and remnants Ayutthaya has to offer. 

We can visit these on foot and minibus or you can take the option to jump on bicycles to get around these temples. 

Our day will finish when we drive you back to your Bangkok hotel. 

action plan for today.

Drive towards Ayutthaya 

• Visit Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace and Botanical Garden 

• Proceed to Ayutthaya

• Visit Wat Yai Chaimongkhol

• Lunch on floating restaurant

• Bike to visit temple (option)

• Visit Wat Prasri-sanphet

• Visit Wat Phra Mahathat

• Visit Wat Lokayasutharam (Reclining Buddha)

• Visit Wat Thamikarat.

• Return to your Bangkok Hotel. 17:00

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Province, Thailand
Summer Palace
Summer Palace
84 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,323 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

Outrageous price. Book an Ayutthaya tour locally once you arrive. They're a dime a dozen.

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

sounds very expensive to me

Pat

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,128 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

I often read that people should book from any of many local operators. I have also read many reports of being ripped off by many local operators.

Maybe it would be helpful to suggest a few reputable, local operators, rather than send someone into the streets blind.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any. I am not a tourist, so don't use local tour operators. But, I see hundreds of shops selling tours. I also see hundreds of shops selling suits.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,323 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

OK. Ayutthaya is so common I think you could easily get a tour lined up at the desk of your hotel on a next-day basis. But if you need a well-recommended operator, Oriental Escape offers an all-day Ayutthaya and Bang Pa-In private tour starting at 1650 a person INCLUDING all admission fees and lunch (about 5000 baht for two). And they're one of the more expensive although they're considered very reliable. orientalescape.com/thailand/sightseeing/ayut…

You could join a group tour for a lot less. (If it's dirt cheap though, it will be because the guide and company are getting commissions from dragging you into boutiques and jewelry factories.) Or just take a van to Ayutthaya for 70 baht and find a licensed tour guide at the railway station for 1000 baht for the whole day. But that doesn't also get you Bang Pa-In.

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Oriental Escape
Oriental Escape
371 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

Hi bill2p,

" You could join a group tour for a lot less. (If it's dirt cheap though, it will be because the guide and company are getting commissions from dragging you into boutiques and jewelry factories.) Or just take a van to Ayutthaya for 70 baht and find a licensed tour guide at the railway station for 1000 baht for the whole day. But that doesn't also get you Bang Pa-In.

I do hope to find a local tour with cheaper price cover the whole day.

Then, where the railway station located once I arrive at Ayutthaya? Sorry, it's my first trip. staying at De Lanna hotel. Can you please provide direction of where to start? in order to get Ayutthaya, find a tour guide there. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,323 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

Ayutthaya is not a very big place. You can see on this map where the vans arrive (#26) and where the train station is (#1). travelfish.org/map_detail/…32 you can take a tuktuk for 40 baht. The guides will be on the station platform.

I'm afraid I've never heard of the De Lanna Hotel in Ayutthaya.

Here's how to find the vans to Ayutthaya at Bangkok's Victory Monument: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c175744/Thail…

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Victory Monument
Victory Monument
569 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
7. Re: Itinery of Ayutthaya one day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:18