We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

Myself and wife have a early flight (7am) home. Just wondering what you would do between the time you check out from your hotel (at around 1-2pm) and your flight at 7am? Would you stay at the same hotel (book another day) until say 5am or wander the city or go to another cheaper hotel that rents rooms by the hour or go to a spa? Would welcome all suggestions.

thanks,

John

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,082 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

Hi,

I would stay at a hotel and get a taxi to the airport early in the morning. Indeed, they are available 24 hours a day.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

The obvious seems to be you book another night at the hotel where you are staying, if you wanted to move to a cheaper hotel up to you, but if your flight is 7 am on for example a Tuesday you need a hotel for the Monday night, or am I reading this all wrong (?)

Edited: 04 September 2012, 17:51
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

I would book another night either at the hotel you're staying or leve your luggage at the hotel, do some shopping, have dinner then head out to the Novotel at the airport for the last night.

Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

I would just book an extra night and go out and enjoy your last night or as mentioned book the Novotel at the airport, they do an hourly rate and rooms are nice, but food and drink expensive. We stayed 6 hours when we had a 3am flight

novotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

lancashire
Level Contributor
204 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

I also have a early flight so I booked a extra night at my hotel allowing me to enjoy our last day and evening .

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

Definitely book another night at your hotel, go out and enjoy yourself, then get up early, checkout and head to airport. The only issue is if breakfast is included in your room rate you will most likely be to early departing to partake.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,010 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

Millions of tourists check out in the middle of the night. No problem getting a taxi during the night. For the ride back to the airport there is no surcharge. Just pay the meter fare.

If you want you can find a cheaper hotel. At least you will have a place to keep your bags. Nice to take a shower before your long flight home too!

Make the last night memorable with a special meal or dinner cruise. More affordable if you are in a cheaper hotel too. Do some last minute souvenir shopping, etc.

Caution. Set your watch or travel alarms as well as notifying the front desk wake up service. Just in case the front desk guy sleeps through your wake up call you have a back up wake up. I set my cell phone and my digital watch alarms.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

A suggestion would be to check out of your hotel the day before and check into a hotel by the airport that night - The Grand Pinnacle is cheap and clean and a 5 minute drive to the airport. They have a shuttle to the airport. You could check in there in the evening, have an early to bed, early to rise sleep there, and get the hotel's shuttle to the airport and be there in 5 minutes... Grand Pinnacle's rate for a night is about $25-30 Cdn, so maybe $20-25 US? That way, you're not stressed out the morning of your flight, if your hotel is some distance from the airport and you have a longer trip to the airport that morning.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

You will need to be at the airport 2-3 hours beforehand, so will be checking out of your hotel at around 3-4am, so you could go either way and stay another night in the city or give yourself an extra hour in bed (you should allow around an hour to get to the airport, although it should be much quicker at that time of the morning) or you could give yourself an extra hour in bed and stay closer to the airport, however, I would personally stay in the city as there's not much to do around the airport.

10. Re: What to do for early flight after checking out from hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 10:17