We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

I am meeting up with a Chinese friend (from China) in Bangkok. She speaks/writes very little English though so just wondering what are the questions they usually ask (so that I can write down the answers in English beforehand). One I know is hotel your staying at. Anyone remember the other questions? Thanks.

John

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

I'm sure immigration have Mandarin speaking officers. Thailand gets millions of Chinese visitor every year. Immigration often ask no questions unless they have any doubts.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

Hi,

Name, Hotel in Bangkok, Flight Details, Sex, Date of Birth. I am sure she can get help from someone. Perhaps the card will be given to her on the incoming flight, if so, it will make life a lot easier.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,211 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

Immigration cards "should" be given out on the flight but, depending on the airline, "could" be in English and she will need complete one in writing or get someone to do so as this is required as part of the Visa record process. However, as bbtony says I'm sure Immigration will be able to assist.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

As mentioned, BKK immigration usually do not ask any questions as long as the entry form is properly filled up.

They might ask to see return ticket. So just hand the return ticket along with entry form and passport to the immigration officer. He/she can see everything so no need to ask anythng.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

Your lucky to get a smile from the immigration officers, let alone a few words. They definitely don't fit the usual mould of a friendly smiling Thai person.

Cebu Island...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

hi

me i know what are the possible question going enter to the airport and to the immigration?

i am visiting bangkok thailand for 16 days

please help me to know what are the requirements needed.

i hope you can help me.

thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

Hi,

joh_sylv,

"me i know what are the possible question going enter to the airport and to the immigration?"

==> Unlike airports in the Philippines, Thailand does not restrict entry into the LANDside part of the airport. Therefore, there is no "questions" asked of people entering the airport land-side for DEPARTURES.

As for Thai IMMIGRATION on ARRIVAL, the authorities are not overly know to question passengers on arrival-- HOWEVER-- as is normal, they CAN question you as they please to determine your entry status.

If they were to question you, I'd reasonably expect to be asked questions related to the information you wrote on your arrivals card and/or any of the other requirements for entry.. However, my personal opinion is that the odds you'll be asked anything is very low SO LONG AS your form is correctly completed and they have do not want to inquire about your supporting documents/funds/ticket.

If you are entering under the visa waiver program for tourism, the requirements generally speaking is that you're coming for legitimate tourism purposes, have a confirmed ticket out of the Kingdom on or before the 30th day after entry, and that you have proof of funds for your stay.

If you have questions about your specific entry status, I'd suggest you contact the Thai Consulate General in Cebu or the Embassy in Manila for guidance.

Travel Safe,

Islamabad, Pakistan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

What if you just have one way ticket entering BKK..??

As I plan to travel in train from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur and will purchase those train tickets from there only. Will be with my wife and 2 kiddies so I hope it want be a problem at immigration? Is return ticket that important? Pls any answers?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,211 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

If you are flying into Thailand without a return or onward flight ticket, you may have problems checking in when you catch your flight. Airlines are required to check that you have such return or onward flight tickets or documented proof of onward travel.

Manila, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thailand Tourist Visa/Immigration Questions?

I am planning to visit Thailand in August on my way back to Dubai from Philippines. I have a Philippine passport and just received my Dubai tourist visa (it expires for entry into Dubai on 22 August 2013). Do I need any other requirements for the following processes

1. To travel from Philippines (Manila airport) to Thailand (Bangkok Airport)…..I need to meet a friend from Dubai in Bangkok that will be traveling with me

2. To travel 2 days later from Thailand (Bangkok Airport) to Dubai

3. To travel back from Dubai to Thailand (Bangkok Airport)…..28 days later

4. To travel from Thailand (Bangkok Airport) to Philippines (Manila airport) on the same day of arrival in Bangkok

NB: PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY AS I HAVE TO AMEND MY FLIGHT TICKETS ACCORDINGLY

Regards,

Dovian