We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok questions..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok questions..

Hi ... I planning to go Bangkok next week 29 Sept to 1 Oct. I stay in Arnoma hotel (hotel / airline already booked)... then

- How long i need to take traveling time to Dream World and how much is the cost?

- How much i need to spend within 3 days.(10000 baths) is enough??

Thank you,... your answer is really appreciated....

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Arnoma Grand Bangkok
Arnoma Grand Bangkok
485 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok questions..

We went to Dreamworld last week and happened to pick up 2 people at that exact hotel on the way! It took about 1.5 hours to get there. Longer to get back in the traffic. I booked my Dreamworld transfers and tickets through hotels2thailand.com as that was the cheapest option. Don't get the buffet lunch, its terrible. I paid $AUD69 for 2 adults and 1 child.

We averaged 3000 baht per day for food and transport for 2 adults and 1 child. Extra for shopping.

The traffic outside your hotel is extremely bad, but you are opposite CentralWorld so thats a plus!!

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
CentralWorld
CentralWorld
5,247 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok questions..

Thank You Julie B .. its really helpful..

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok questions..

THB 3,000 per day for food and transport?????? Wow! Did you have a sports team with you or something LOL. I usually spend about US $4-8 for food a day--could do for less. Transport per day (BTS, MRT, walking, taxi) maybe US $10-15. So say THB 800, maybe a 1,000 per day. of course if your eating in expensive restaurants prices are higher. THB 3,000 seems a bit high for transport and food is all I'm saying--unless counting tours and such.

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,221 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok questions..

I think B3000 per day is reasonable, afterall they are on vacation. If they want to live it up then live it up.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok questions..

Mmonkie--I agree with what your saying completely. My point was the OP was asking if that was the correct amount to budget. In response I was simply trying to point out you could get by (for food and transport) for a lot less--especially if your budget is tight. I spend more at times (on food)but even at 1000 baht a day I don't do anything special trying to save money. It's just my normal day-to-day routine of what I may eat or traveling around city. It's not that expensive in Thailand or Bangkok as you know. Have I spent more? For food sure. I've spent US $300 for 2 people in Rib Room for dinner in Bangkok before. But, generally speaking, most people don't plan their budgets around that kind of dining out. It's the same wit haccomodations--US $10 - $400 or much more depending on desires. But for budgeting recommendations to others inquiries, I don't start at the $400 per day (unless they have indicated in some way they want to splurge). But as you've said---3,000 baht is fine if that's what is needed. I firmly believe as you said --while on vacation, in living it up. I don't even go on vacation if I have to be concerned about what I spend LOL! Take care. BTW -- I enjoy your posts too.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Rib Room & Bar
Rib Room & Bar
308 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
dubai
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok questions..

We are travelling to bangko with two young kids which hotel is recommended

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok questions..

^^

No one can answer that question.

What is your budget? Do you have any specific needs? Etc. Etc. Etc.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
593 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok questions..

Silly question asking how much to bring.. not everyone has same spending habits.. not everyone does the same things, drinks the same amount, etc.. Best solution is to bring more than enough.. so you don't run out of money..

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok questions..

Take what you think you will need and double it.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok questions..

On my 2nd to last trip to Asia, I kept a record of most of what I spent, and what I spent it on... I had made a flexible budget ahead of time on how much I thought I might need for 1) transport - boats, tuktuks, taxis, trains, etc. 2) food; 3) gifts for friends, and Me!; 4) accommodation, etc. I pretty much kept within the budget estimates for each category, and I kept receipts and a written record as I travelled.

This last trip to Thailand, I brought the money I thought I would need and then just used it wherever and whenever I wanted - didn't keep track of anything! (except where I kept my $ while travellig) - so one extreme to another; I actually really liked the freedom of knowing I had "x" amount of money to spend, and that if I ran out at some point, I could use my emergency backup - good old Visa! But I actually came home with $400 in my pocket and really didn't scrimp at all during my trip. It was very relaxing to do it that way...

Mentioned in this post
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,494 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand