We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

HELP!!

I have done extensive searches on the visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens wishing to visit Thailand as a tourist (arrive BKK October 16)

Some sites say visa upon arrival others say visa before arrival.

Does anyone have a definative answer to this or know of a site whcih would?

I ask because there is no Thai consulate or embassy here in Venezuela-the nearest is Lima, Peru!!!!!!!!!

Also perhaps those that are in the know would perhaps know about Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam requirements for us?

The later should be in the respective forums but perhaps if someone knows about Thailand requirements they may know of the other countires.

Thanks in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,695 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

It would appear that holders of a Venezuelan passport require a Visa before they arrive in THailand - see this link http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188

For your other countries I would post your question on the respective Forums as you suggest.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
876 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

I believe you will need a International Health Certificate providing proof that you have been vaccinated for Yellow Fever to get your visa for Thailand. You must also present this certificate to the Immigration Officer upon arrival into Thailand.

3. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2012, 05:05
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

Thank you all for your input-I will travel with another passport that is yellow feverless.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 02:04
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
785 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

OP How many passport do you have?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

That's not very nice to come on the forum and use such manners. The reply posters was just try to help and he is think what you may need to entering your host country. He didn't say that you have yellow fever.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
876 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

Thank you sweetpea, I was just trying to help answering the question about visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens, I don't judge people from where they come from, or make the laws of Thailand. I'm was just going by what the "Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Kingdom of Thailand" has posted for Venezuelan entry requirements.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,695 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

info....posadema

Read this link particularly this paragraph

"Although yellow fever is not a disease risk in Thailand, the government requires some travelers arriving from or transiting through countries with risk of yellow fever virus transmission to present proof of yellow fever vaccination. If you will be traveling to Thailand from any country other than the United States or transiting through another country on your way from the United States, this requirement may affect you. For specific requirement details, see Yellow Fever & Malaria Information, by Country." and click on the undrlined links to confirm that Venezuela is included as one of the countries where a Yellow Fever vaccination is required.

…cdc.gov/travel/destinations/thailand.htm

You will probably find that this is the same with the other countries you are planning on visiting as will probably be the requirement for a visa issued before you arrive.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

I recently travelled there with a Venezuelan passport.

I got my Thai visa at a Thai consulate, you shouldn't need to do it at the embassy. It just took 5 mins to get it stamped. You do need a certificate of yellow fever vaccination or they'll make u pay for the shot at the airport.

For Vietnam visas are issued on arrival, but you need a visa approval letter. That can be obtained online easily, there are plenty of websites that email it back to you after 2 days with a fee payment. I got a multiple entries one when i got there.

I highly recommed getting to one of those countries and then obtaining all visas for other countries you want, since it is extremely easy obtaining visas once you are there (same day in most cases), or travel agencies do it for you for a small fee. Thats how I obtained my Cambodian visa in Hanoi.

Finally, if you can't find a Thai consulate close to you, try flying into Vietnam first (you can get that letter online) and getting you Thai, Cambodia, Laos, etc visas once in Hanoi (embassies are all in Hanoi, not Ho Chi Minh city). E-mail me if you need more info or want it typed i Spanish

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: visa requirements for Venezuelan citizens

I recently travelled there with a Venezuelan passport.

I got my Thai visa at a Thai consulate, you shouldn't need to do it at the embassy. It just took 5 mins to get it stamped. You do need a certificate of yellow fever vaccination or they'll make u pay for the shot at the airport.

Vietnam visas are issued on arrival, but you need a visa approval letter. That can be obtained online easily, there are plenty of websites that email it back to you after 2 days with a fee payment. I got a multiple entries one when i got there.

I highly recommed getting to one of those countries and then obtaining all visas for other countries you want, since it is extremely easy obtaining visas once you are there (same day in most cases), or travel agencies do it for you for a small fee. Thats how I obtained my Cambodian visa in Hanoi.

Finally, if you can't find a Thai consulate close to you, try flying into Vietnam first (you can get that letter online) and getting you Thai, Cambodia, Laos, etc visas once in Hanoi (embassies are all in Hanoi, not Ho Chi Minh city). Or you can also consider getti g the visas in Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Si gapore, etc. That are visa free for Vzlans. If you do it through Malaysia too you can fly Air Asia/JetStar for very cheap. I rember paying 25 dollars for a flight from Hanoi to Singapore City.

E-mail me if you need more info or want it typed i Spanish

Edited: 22 October 2013, 21:08