We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,835 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

In principal, Don Muang (DMK) is to be the home of all low-cost airlines operating from Bangkok. Nok Air and Orient Thai are already operating from DMK and now will be joined by Air Asia. Thai Airways, both international and domestic, and Bangkok Airways will remain at Suvarnabhumi BKK.

A passenger shuttle bus is going into operation to run between the two airports.

For more, see this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k553…

And this one: tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k5788…

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,835 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

I've never taken one of these buses, but as far as I know they do stop at all bus stops on their route to let passengers off. I don't know if they pick anyone up. The A1 and A2 both go to Mor Chit Bus Terminal (passing Mo Chit BTS station) and the A2 continues to Victory Monument. See: ttrweekly.com/site/…

Morchit Bus Terminal is a couple kilometres from Mo Chit BTS station.

Edited: 29 May 2013, 11:42
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

I had no idea about this! I fly AirAsia via Bangkok everytime when I'm in Asia, so hope that the shuttle service between the airports work! :)

korea
4 posts
Save Reply
93. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

hi, need advise...am travelling to bangkok in October 2013 and wondering how wld the whether be..will be arriving 26 oct and thinking of spending 1 night too in Pattaya..if the whether permits..will it rains, all day or flood during this period...1st time in bangkok..thanks

Nanjing, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

I'm getting into Suvarnabumi on a Thai flight at 11:55AM, am I going to be able to make it to Don Mueang for a 2:30P flight to Samui? If its too close, I might as well crash and enjoy the show on KSR and go out the next day, which leads me to my next question. Are there shuttle services to Don Mueang from KSR? Last time I was in BKK it was like 150 baht to Suvarnabumi and they left on the hour

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,835 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

No, 2.5 hours is not enough time, and no, there is no shuttle bus from KSR to DMK.

You could take buses 12, 157, 159, 171, 183 or 201 from Democracy Monument to Victory Monument, and then the A2 to DMK for 30 baht, or bus 59 all the way to DMK.

Nanjing, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

thanks bill2p, then maybe I'll take the train, whats the best way to get train tickets from outside of Thailand?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

Do you mean a train to Samui or a train to DM Airport?

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

Why don't you fly with Bangkok Air from suvarn'?...know it's more expensive but by the time you facter in all the time you waste getting there by Nok at Don Muang..then the bus and ferry you will have taken a whole day up of your holiday basically.Just a suggestion as you'd be down there by 4 pm and on the beach this way or in the bar!

Sri Kembangan...
Level Contributor
52 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

hi,

Not sure if my response is a bit late. We flew into Don Muang airport on 5 June. Our group of 8 ladies managed to get a coaster at 1000 baht to our hotel at Sukhumvit. Initially when we contacted the hotel for transport they quoted us 1500 baht for a 10- seater coach. Journey took 40 minutes and the driver's name was Mr. Soros.

On our outward bound journey we were 4 ladies left out of the initial 8. We asked the hotel to arrange for a taxi and we had a station wagon not so much for the ladies but to accomodate the number of luggage pieces which had increased by geometric progression. Cost of taxi 500 baht and it took us 40 minutes.

Bemuda/Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Air Asia moves to Don Muang Airport Oct. 1

airasia is the crappiest airline in SEAsia with zero customer service