We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The usual please :)

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
John O'Groats...
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
The usual please :)

Just wondering what would be best/easiest travel option for 1st timers to bangkok from Suvarnabhumi Airport to On8 hotel Sukhumvit Road . the hotel is very close to Nana BTS Skytrain Station . we arrive tea-time on a sunday .

thanx

akmlg

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The usual please :)

Hi,

The most convenient is by taxi. You could also take the airport rail link to Phaya Thai (terminal), change there and take the Skytrain in the direction of Bearing.

John O'Groats...
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The usual please :)

thanx ajarnandy :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The usual please :)

Welcome, if you are not feeling jetlagged after a long flight and you don't have tons of luggage the rail/skytrain is a wonderful option.

John O'Groats...
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The usual please :)

Hi ajarnandy

any idea how much the journey by taxi would cost ?

thanx

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The usual please :)

Somewhere in the region of 300 to 350 baht inclusive of the road toll.

John O'Groats...
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The usual please :)

thats great , after a flight out from the uk i think the taxi sounds just the job :)

akmlg

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The usual please :)

AKMLG_10

On8 is my favourite boutique hotel in town and Khun Jeang runs a neat little team there.

In my view, and I have covered this a few times, you can certainly reach this destination by taxi - see FAQs for dos and donts.

However, On8 is literally by Nana BTS station, which is why I find it so convenient as a location on arrival.

Thus, provided you do not have too much luggage, the Airport Rail Link and a change to the BTS at Phaya Thai will get you there in 30 mns and will save you enough coins for a beer or even two if you are buying at happy hour times.

Your choice of course.

Best

Giorgio Federico

8. Re: The usual please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:17