We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

I want to do this Chao Phraya River Cruise, because a lot say that it is worth doing. The only problem I have encountered so far is that most cruises require bank deposits, i am a tourist so that is not possible.

two questions:

1. What is the best Chao Phraya River Cruise (budget around 1500 THB per person)?

2. Does anyone know of any website that has these cruises on discount? Travel on 3rd week October.

Thank You.

Mentioned in this post
Chao Phraya River
Chao Phraya River
7,383 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

I haven't been yet, but I have reserved a river cruise on the Loy Nava based on the many recommendations I've read in the trip advisor forums. Their base dinner cruise price if you book on their website is 1300 THB.

http://www.loynava.com/

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

You could try hotels2thailand.com as they have cheap tickets to just about everything. CHAOPHRAYA PRINCESS CRUISE had nice looking cruise boats when we were there. We had planned to go on a dinner river cruise but the smell of the river really put me off eating while floating along on it! As we stayed at The Chatrium we decided we could see enough of the river (and we rode the shuttle boat alot) so we watched from our room! That said, if we went, we were going with Loy Nava as the reviews were good.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

There are many cruises that you can choose

- Grand Pearl Cruise

- White Orchid River Cruise

- Chao Phraya Princess

- Wan Fah Cruise

- Chaophraya Cruise

- Loynava Cruise

you can check on their website :)

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pearl Cruise
Grand Pearl Cruise
316 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chao Hostel
Chao Hostel
374 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Chaophraya Cruise
The Chaophraya Cruise
164 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

You may try Yok Yor cruise departing @ 8pm fromYok Yor Marina Restaurant.

It cost 1 person 140 Bht for the cruise fee.As for dinner it is ala carte style and just pay for what u order.I ordered seafood,vegetable,

soup,drinks & desert dinner for 5 person which cost me 2000Bht(inclusive of

140bht X 5).

Cruise end @ 10pm.There is a shuttle boat pickup from 6 -7 pm @ Sathorn Pier which under the Saphan Taksin BTS station by the Chao Phraya River.Please visit their website for phone booking and need to pay on board the cruise only.

When at the Sathorn Pier,just tell the guard that u are taking Yok Yor shuttle boat and they will assist u.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 13:38
Mentioned in this post
Chao Phraya River
Chao Phraya River
7,383 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

Hi

Depending on how many nights you are there, we just booked once in Bangkok the day we went to go on it. ie pay in the morning and cruised that night. There are loads of travel agents around.

We went ont he Chaophraya Cruise but sorry I have no idea how much it was as we had friends going on it and just joined them at the last moment. I think around 1300 baht?? We did't shop around as we didnt have time to worry about a few baht. It was a massive buffet of International and Thai food and a big sushi option. Price included hotel pick up and drop off.

I didn't think I would like the dinner cruise and would find it a bit stuffy as I am not into going with big groups of people but it was very beautiful and a nice time had by all. There was no smell from the river and have never noticed a smell staying on the river.

As Julie B says Hotels to Thailand have good prices and I cannot see why you could not use pay pal or visa etc to pay. They have a cancellation policy that you should read first just like anything you book.

hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-day-trips/Bangko…

The Loy Nava will be my next one to try for a different style menu and boat.

Have a fun time in Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
The Chaophraya Cruise
The Chaophraya Cruise
164 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
London
Level Contributor
984 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

filipinotraveller

I set sail from the bar of an unknown pier in Bangkok, and proceeded with a strong breeze till sunset, sixty miles or fifteen leagues south, afterwards southwest and south by west, which is the direction I remember along the Chao Praya River.

The rudder of the caravel Loy Nava was firm as ever. It was believed that this was the best river cruise. Alas, my fellow travellers Gomez Rascon and Cristiano Quintero, who were on board the caravel with me, seemed to dislike this voyage.

The Admiral in comand, an old Farang with gold rimmed glasses who spoke Thai, told me that he had found them in an unfavorable disposition before setting out. He was in much anxiety at not being able to afford any assistance in this case, but says that it somewhat quieted his apprehensions to know that Martin Alonzo Pinzon, another friend of ours had already settled the bill for all three of us and hoped we would have a good time with much sanuk.

Well what could one Giorgio Federico de Londres do other than eat and be merry on the Loy Nava? He did eat for three and posted his little interlude here for all to see.

He returned home immensely satisfied.

Smile, life is too short not to do so.

Giorgio Federico...extract from "Aboard the Loy Nava" unpublished

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chao Praya River
Chao Praya River
353 Reviews
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

HI,

I was facing the same dilemma and was not able to decide which one of the dinner cruises to book for me and my family... Then I stumbled upon this blog - …blogspot.com/2011/12/trip-to-bangkok-3-loy-…

Really cool pictures and this guy's account on how he and his gf had a fun time on Loy Naya... check this out, some of the pictures are just too good!

Went ahead and booked loy naya for us too.. looking forward to it!

PS - there's a 20% discount if you make a reservation online... Check this out - http://www.loynava.com/price-public.html

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

You won't be sorry with Loy Nava. it is amazing and fun plus 20% discount for prebooking and no need for deposit as long as you confirm on the day of booking. Plus the pick you up and drop you off for free from your hotel!

Jo

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chao Phraya River Cruise - recommendations

Thank you for all your help, it seems that I am now just juggling between the Chao Phraya Princess and the Loy Nava Cruise. :)

if there is a good blog on the Chao Phraya Princess cruise, kindly post the link here. much appreciated, guys! Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Chao Hostel
Chao Hostel
374 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
Chao Phraya Princess...
159 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales