We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

markets in bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
markets in bangkok

Me and my partner are coming to Thailand in March and beginning our trip with 3 days in Bangkok, however we will be arriving on a Monday and leaving on a Thursday so we will be missing out on the oppertunity to go to the Chatuchak weekend market. Are there any other similar markets, that will be open on these days?

Thankyou

England
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: markets in bangkok

Hi Pratumum is a day market and open every day in the daytime, alos you have MBK centre

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: markets in bangkok

JJ Mall, just north of Chatuchak weekend market, although quite smaller, has a lot of the same stuff. It also has the benefit of air conditioning and free, clean toilets.

MBK has lots of similar stuff, with air conditioning.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: markets in bangkok

Would any of you guys happen to know if there are any good night markets (minus the red light districts since I will be traveling with children)? Also, how about day markets? I would love to try some of the fruit that are native to southeast Asia!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: markets in bangkok

Platinum fashion mall & Pratunam side, MBK.

Or go to Asiatique The Riverfront open everyday 17:00 - 24:00 , BTS to Taksin station and catch Asiatique boat (free) to there.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: markets in bangkok

Asiatique is a fun night market, entertainment venue, very family friendly.

http://www.thaiasiatique.com/en/index.php

For fruit, you could hop on the MRT and take it to "Kampahaengphet". Use exit #3 to enter Aw Taw Kaw wet market. Here, you will find all sorts of regional fruit, along with plenty of other tasty treats to sample.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: markets in bangkok

Thanks for the help rinirabbit and octobersix!! Really appreciated the help! Thanks again!!!

7. Re: markets in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:17