We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Can anyone confirm what the walkway hours to the Airport Novotel are?

I read somewhere it is closed between midnight and 6am?

(It doesn't say it on thier website, but it does on their facebook page)

If this is true, it's no use to me. If I have to take a shuttle anyway I may as well stay at one of the cheaper hotels -- or is there another reason to stay here?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Hi,

The walkway is 24hrs.. you access it from door #4, then down downstairs and 'across' to the hotel..

The passage way between the ARL station at the hotel side (which feeds other things aside from the hotel) IS closed between 0001 and 0559 in line with the ARL station hours.

Travel Safe,

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Thanks Gopbi. I'm talking about the enclosed walkway (the tunnel) between the terminal and the hotel.

Is that what's closed? When you say to walk "across", do you mean outside?

Are you allowed to bring luggage carts all the way to the hotel?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

We were going to use the walkway, but we somehow ended up exiting the hotel and walked literally into the Novotel Shutte bus. It stops right outside the doors. We were hot and pooped so we got in. We waiting 3 minutes (I kid you not) for another couple and then we were on out way in the aircon. It took all of two minutes to get there I think. It was very fast and easy, and were happy to be driven there instead of lugging our baggage down the hallway.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Hi,

They are both "underground" so to speak.. But the issue is that they were conceived at different times.. The tunnel I speak of, was the first and principle walkway, and was accessible from just outside door #4. It was, at the time, the only idea in place for people to pass between the airport terminal building and the hotel-- effectively walking under the roadway and short-term parking structure..

Later, the ARL came into being and as a result there was now the possibility to use the ARL station complex as another walkway as the station spans most of the distance between the terminal complex and the hotel property..

The problem is (and one that I think was a bit of poor planning/design) is that the ARL station closes at 0001 and doesn't reopen until 0559.. and there is no way to pass thru the station to the other side without formally entering the station itself.. and since it's closed, there's no pass-thru ability..

So, once the ARL station closes, so does that walkway option... Therefore, those who are coming in off-hours either have to use the first walkway option, or the shuttle bus..

The first walkway is fine, I don't recall they allow carts outside of the terminal building as I know they're not allowed into the ARL station..

Travel Safe,

Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Hi,

As I was at the airport yesterday, Sat 06OCT, I did some looking around to see what's up with the tunnel..

I figured out where the issues are..

The problem is rooted in the fact that the tunnel that connects the airport to the Novotel was constructed first-- it was planned like that, and the Novotel was a planned feature of the airport from it's original conceptual stage.

Fast forward and now here comes the ARL.. and it goes sub-subterranean.. OK. so far so good..

The problem comes in the fact that the due to the location of and size of the station, the ARL station now included the same walkway that was previously only use to get to/from the Novotel.

And when that occurred, there was no structural modifications made to the then Novotel-only tunnel to keep it as a secured, separate Novotel-only tunnel.

... and due to this inability to keep it as a wholly separate tunnel, it now meant that the part of the Novotel tunnel that overlapped into the ARL station would be closed... and that in turn meant the WHOLE tunnel closed when the ARL did..

THAT"S where the issue is at.. The ARL kind of "took over" a part of the walkway, and since it couldn't be secured when the ARL station closed, it had to be closed using the same station times..

So... Where does this leave you?

You have the bus.. It's easy, runs 24/7.. though I did hear from the driver that at "night" hours it's upon demand.. You also can walk it..

And I did just that... It's not far.. nor it is hard... I did yesterday-- taking photos along the way and timed myself.. 0:08 from terminal door to Novotel door... Your walk will follow an upside down "L" shape...

Here's a step-by-step... and yes, luggage carts can be taken across, but not into the Novotel itself.

Exit lower level, door #3, and cross the roadway...

http://flic.kr/p/dhauhi

Cross the second roadway and head directly into the parking complex in front of you..

http://flic.kr/p/dhatcS

Walk into the garage and stay to the left of the elevators that are facing you.

Walk down the center of the garage. There is a wide walkway (marked in yellow) to do so.. walk distance about 60m

when you get to the end of the walkway turn LEFT (remember this is an upside down letter "L" pattern)..

http://flic.kr/p/dharok

Once you come to the drive way (no more than about 20m at best) turn RIGHT and walk along the side building.. There will be some small restaurants to your right and the parking payment tool collection booths on the left.. From here you can see a part of the Novotel building in front of you...

http://flic.kr/p/dhar7u

Once you reemerge from the parking structure, the Novotel is in front of you, across this small street.. the main doors are to the left

http://flic.kr/p/dharU9

... and the Novotel

http://flic.kr/p/dhasd2

It's easy to do.. follows an upside down "L" share and really only requires you to 'cut thru" the center of the parking structure.. and it's easy enough to do..

Travel Safe,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

GOPBI, you truly are amazing. Thanks for taking your own time to do this walk and help others. It's really appreciated!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

ditto!

You just made so many people's life that much easier. bravo.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

We stayed at Novotel and the tunnel was CLOSED for our early morning flight. The escalators were turned off making it impossible to access the tunnel with luggage! I didn't want to use the Novotel smoke infused shuttle bus so we choose to walk across to the airport. From memory we walked thru to the public car park, and took the car park lift up to the departure level. Our bags had wheels but the walk was manageable.

Perth
Level Contributor
403 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Lke stephfennell I walked out right next to the shuttle. Maybe exit door 4? (could be wrong) but when you are on the ground level, the hotel have a desk next to the exit. Really easy and convenient. It was after midnight for me and I think it goes all night.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Novotel Suvarnabhumi walkway?

Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the Superior + Deluxe rooms here? I'd prefer an outside view (rather than the atrium) and would be worth the 12 bucks difference if that's the case.

Also, does anyone have an email address for them?