We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Hi, I am travelling along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in Jan 2013. I am staying in Bangkok for 3 nights, as a part of tour I'd like to visit places in Thailand. I have heard that "Sukhumvit Road" region is good for shopping/tourists. I am planning to take half day tours and spend evening strolling in malls/markets/restaurants. I have read through "3 days in bangkok page on tripadvisor" tripadvisor.com/Guide-g293916-l101-Bangkok.h…

we'd also like to see beauty of Bangkok during night (any guided night tour).

1. So I'd like to ask what we can replace for Lumpinee Boxing Stadium, and sky bar?

2.Can anyone point out reliable tour companies in Thailand?

3.Also must visit malls on/around "Sukhumvit road".

4.Is it possible to visit some places like royal palace, reclining Buddha temple on our own? either by taxi/train.

Thanks.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Why not hire a private guide and get them to do an itinerary for you - this way you get to see everything you want to, they will have some suggestions for you and at least if you need to go back to your hotel with the 1 year old, you have that flexibility.

We used Nook a couple of years ago, she's really lovely, very knowledgeable and good with kids.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
253 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Vinit, Tong has become a friend after a few years of traveling to Thailand. She runs a very reputable company and Nok (referred to above) is/was one of her guides. You can't go wrong with one or more of Tong's tours http://www.tourwithtong.com/

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Nook is an independent guide, this is her Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/nook.tourguide?fref=ts

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

have lived and worked here for 6 years. When visitors arrive i always arrange tours with these http://www.dtctravel.com/

They are run by a guy from the UK, will provide your own English speaking driver if needed and you can tailor your tour.

If you do use it tell them Paul sent you!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

If you stay near BTS you don't have to use a tour guide.

you can take BTS to Sukhumvit area , for the mall there is Terminal 21 at Asok station , and Gateway at Ekamai station (Sukhumvit road) ,Siam area have many shopping malls also.

Do you mean The Dome at Lebua for the sky bar? (bts saphan taksin station)

Lumpinee Boxing Stadium you can take BTS and get off at Ratchadumri Station and then Taxi to Lumpinee it's not too far from there.

At night walk around Siam square, MBK, Paragon mall have Ocean world your daughter might like it there :)

I think you can enjoy your day without a guide in Bangkok.

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

Thanks all will surely checkout all options. Is there any BTS station near 1880 New Petchburi Road Bangkok is suitable (Amari atriyum hotel)? Is Petchburi Road preferred over Sukhumvit road? or vice versa?

thanks.

7. Re: Need help for Bangkok day/night tours, tour company.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:17