We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Day Tour

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Half Day Tour

Your advice would be greatly appreciated please. I am about to book my Trip to Bangkok, staying 4 days at the Sheraton Hotel. My Travel company are suggesting a half day tour the day after arriving with "Exotissimo" Tours Ithink it might be a good idea to do this as we will be probably a bit overwhelmed at first and it will give us a bit of courage to do a private tour on the first day. The info says ride on SkyTrain/Boat and Tuk Tuk any thoughts please. Costs £80 for 2 people

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,303 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Day Tour

Hi,

The major places to see in Bangkok:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c125983/Bangk…

Most places can be easily reached by using public transport. Indeed, the Skytrain (BTS) and Underground (MRT) are easy to get around on with many signs in English. And, the same can be said for the river boats. I would be very wary about taking a tuk tuk though.

If you were quoted £80 for two people I would avoid such a tour. Go it alone and it will be much ,much cheaper.

Edited: 10 October 2012, 15:58
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half Day Tour

Thank you AjarnAndy for the link and advice. I appreciate your help and decline pre-booking the tour and wait and see when we get to Bangkok.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,303 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half Day Tour

Welcome, for an idea of one day tours outside Bangkok check this link:

http://www.newlinetravel.co.th/

Your hotel will almost certainly have a travel agent within its grounds or close by.

4. Re: Half Day Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:17