We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super rich exchange bank

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
super rich exchange bank

what is the closest super rich exchange to New Petchburi Rd in the Pratunam hotel district Bangkok?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,817 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: super rich exchange bank

I think it must be the Ratchadamri branch. 10 minutes walk: http://goo.gl/maps/H69fQ

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,231 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: super rich exchange bank

That is also the main branch, with the better rates and more services.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: super rich exchange bank

If you are going to go looking for the best rates better change enough to make the trip worthwhile. Keep in mind that a day or two later even ordinary banks may have the same exchange rate. (Or not!)

Brisbane,Australia
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: super rich exchange bank

Silly questions...but, are both the orange and green exchange stores the same bank?

Tks, mmmsby4

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,231 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: super rich exchange bank

I never use Superrich. I have often wondered that myself.

It seems strange that the two are across the street from ech other.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: super rich exchange bank

Actually the orange and green ones are Superrich 1965 and Superrich respectively, they are not the same businesses. In Rajadamri they are opposite each other and so now I always go into both and find the one with the best exchange rate and shortest queue. 8 times out of 10 Superrich is cheaper, but not always so.

In both you will need either a Thai ID card or passport, so don't forget to bring it with you.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,817 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: super rich exchange bank

The one in green is Super Rich (Thailand) Co. Ltd. http://goo.gl/maps/uGSBu The one in orange and green is Super Rich 1965 Co. Ltd. which I think is the original one (or claims to be anyway: http://www.superrich1965.com/about.php ).

Some say S.R. (Thailand) offers better rates but isn't open as long as its rival.

In any case, rates may fluctuate according to which branch you go to and at what hour: tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k…

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: super rich exchange bank

regarding post #6 we changed money a few times at the branch at BTS station on Sukhumvit (station after Asoke) without any documentation. I offered my passport and they said it wasn't necessary. Despite all I have read on TA over the past months I have to say that the rates I got there were much better than the other banks. In fact one place would not even change Zar for us.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,231 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: super rich exchange bank

BTW

Super Rich is not a bank; it is a currency exchange.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: super rich exchange bank

There is no legal requirement to produce your passport to change foreign cash currency for baht, but some exchange booths and bank branches might ask for it. Its is required to draw cash on debit or credit cards over the counter.