We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodian visas in Bangkok

bqg
vancouver
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Does it make any sense to try to get a Cambodian visa at the Cambodian consulate in Bangkok rather than get that same visa at the border crossing?

thx

BQG

Vancouver

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

I did last winter $25 from the Cambodian Consulate.

However that said the Cambodian consulate could not be more in the middle of nowhere and difficult to find. I caught a 22 bus from Silom Rd got off the bus on Ramkhamhaeng rd just before the big stadium. Then a 2.5 km walk or motor bike taxi up soi 39 or Pracha Uthit rd and the embassy is on the right hand side.

It is possible also to make a visa at the border

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Including tea money, the visa at the border ($20US) will probably be cheaper and a little less hassle.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 03:23
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Hi,

agree with Rover, unless you know where you are going, and/or speak some Thai, finding the Embassy isn't the easiest task as it's not in the city center.. and unless you pay for expedited, I recall you have to come back the next day-- so whatever is your transport costs, it will be R/T times 2..

Do I think it's necessary? No.. Given how easy the VOA process is that the various land border posts-- even with the omnipresent requests/demands/ etc for unofficial fees/charges (and if you're willing to stand your ground and deal with some delays and other related hassles, they are avoidable) that it's STILL cheaper to to it VOA.. principally because you'll pay R/T transport to and from the Embassy twice, unless you do express service; but in that case, the visa cost is now much more than the regular non-express or VOA costs would be.

Travel Safe,

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
487 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

You could just get an E Visa for USD25, saves going to the Embassy or putting up with the cons at the border.

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

Patna, Bihar, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Dear Pals,

I have news that combodia is a communist country & they create trouble at the border for Indian passport holders. Does anyone have any idea about the same?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

I have both flown into Cambodia and crossed when travelling by bus in the past 2 years....even forgot to bring a passport photo last time...never a problem, never asked for extra money (except the $2 for the photo) so I would say just get the visa on arrival...its easy and takes 5 minutes.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,722 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Varun .. have a look on the Cambodian forum for info regarding visas for Indian nationals.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k…

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

hi

can I really just get a visa for Cambodia at the border by bus? I thought that a visa might take a few days to proses?

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

Yes avyril m

Visa On Arrival

Here's a recent post from TA Member TripTommie.

hobohop.com/hobotips/hobotip-6-bangkok-to-si…

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodian visas in Bangkok

#5 - wonder where you get your info from. May be Combodia (wherever this country may be) is commie, cAmbodia isnt.

If you you are polite, Cambodian immigration will be polite. Otherwise.....