We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bkk to Hua Hin

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
Level Contributor
244 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bkk to Hua Hin

Travelling from Bangkok to Hua Hin, is bus a better option than train or vice versa? How frequent do they run? Thanks

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

dennis757

you can use mini vans, coaches and trains.

For the latter, have a look at this

seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Southern%20Thailand

I would suggest that Hua Hin railway station is quite quaint.

Best

Giorgio Federico

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

I have never done it (travelling with young children) but my parents have taken a mini bus many times I think they get it from Victory Monument. I think they run all the time but leave when they are full.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

We have travelled to Hau Hin by both mini van and taxi but depending on your budget I would reccommend a taxi (private car ). It took about 3 hours in car but when we went by mini van it was a bit of an experience. Firts we had to find the mini van at Victoria Monument, then they waited for it to fill up with passengers, then we went to the office and waited there for a bit (no idea why lol) then we got on our way, then we stopped for gas, there was big queues, so we got out for a toilet stop and got some munchies at the garage shop, then back on our way, the driver stopped to pick up extra passengers on the way, Im sure we were overloaded, eventually got to Hau hin about 21.30pm . A bit tired but we did have a bit of a laugh at the journey and the driver was quite funny. All in all it was a good experience but would not do again, would rather pay the £30 for the car journey. It all depends on your budget. It was the time it took really that has put us off. Much more comfortable in a car. I guess the train may be another experience !

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

If you are on a tight budget van or regular exoress bus, or take the train.

Otherwise tax or limo / car service is fastest, most comfort and reasonable in price, e.g THB 1,800 / 2,000 / 2,500 depending on vehicle / service provider

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

Bell Transport Company

This is a private company who are part of Roong Reuang Coach Co. Ltd and run the service under license from the government. They seem to have a good reputation with the Pattaya expat crowd and I used them myself for my return trip from Pattaya to Bangkok airport. They don’t have an actual counter at Bangkok airport but you will see the sign with ‘Bell Travel Service’

This is an excellent cheap and comfortable service to Hua Hin.....I personally ahve used them to Patayya and everything including transfer to the hotel was seamless......you need to book your seat online

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,871 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

If you take a bus do note that they leave from the Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai). I think the buses run every 30 or 40 mins.

hong kong
Level Contributor
244 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

Thank you all for those detailed info.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

Poster #5

Have you ever used that service to Hua Hin ? If so please provide details. I have never ever heard of such a service by Bell Transport to Hua Hin, when did you use it ?

9. Re: Bkk to Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 13:18