We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
796 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Staying at the Marriott Empire Palace - which is about a 10 min walk to the BTS Chong Nonsi station. My research has found a great seafood restaurant located at this station named Lek Seafood that we will surely try.

Are there any other budget to moderate restaurants in the area that we can try? Is there good street food in these outlying areas?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Its hardly an 'outlying area', rather its city centre. There are lots of eating places close to Chong Nonsi station both on the main road and in side sois, and very modestly priced. Many of the office buildings around Empire Place have cafes, and Sathorn Road has a number of cafes and restaurants including The Secret Garden. One stop from Chong Nonsi on the BTS brings you to Saladaeng station in Silom which is full of cafes, bars, restaurants, and lots of good street food.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Here is "Oishi", a very popular Japanese buffet: http://goo.gl/maps/i5kqQ

Here's "Sara Jane's", a Thai/Italian place: http://goo.gl/maps/9ujPa

There will be carts along Narithiwat, due to the large number of workers passing along the route.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
796 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Thank you both for your suggestions. Wow - Oishi buffet sounds right up our alley since the buffet also has other types of food including seafood, dim sum, etc and it is right up the street. We will also look around the Chong Nosi station for other options. I was also looking into the Baiyoke Sky Buffet - which is a bit away. Would you recommend the Oishi or Baiyoke Buffet?

When we use the river ferry, it seems like there are a lot of places close to the Central Pier - supposedly along Th Charoen Krung - is that correct? Will many of these restaurants have English menus? Can anyone suggest a place for great duck curry or roast duck?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Many smaller eateries might have pictures. Can't say that so many will have English.

By far the best roast duck I've eaten to date was at Four Seasons at Siam Paragon. It was also the most expensive, but worth every satang! MK Suki - many branches - has decent roast duck at far cheaper pricing.

All my duck soup places are in the northern reaches.

Heading north, from Sathorn, you will find plenty of food carts and shops, starting in front of Robinson's.

BTW,

Your hotel is a bit obscure and I doubt many drivers will know of it. Be sure to have directions written out, in Thai, for taxi purposes.

Paris
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Oishi Buffet Sathorn location is closed for good.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

Hi TSQueen,

At Sathorn area, I've tried Baan Khanitha which is quite up-scale. The other nice restaurants are Bussaracum & Baan Somtam at Si Wiang which is off Sathorn. Again, these restaurants are not exactly cheap either but the food quality is considered good.

Lek seafood @ Chong Nonsi BTS is good too but my preference is for Kuang Seafood @ Soi Rangnam. Somboon Seafood has gone mass-market & quality has declined.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 21:54
7. Re: Good Cheap Thai Restaurants in Sathorn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15