We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to do with young children

Level Contributor
64 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Best things to do with young children

I am interested in some of the best things to do with small children in Bangkok! I am not particularly interested in things like amusement parks or play centers as we can do that where we live. Something with some culture or history but good on a level for kids. I heard reclining buddha is interesting and someone said to look into a boat ride of some kind.

Also are there any weekday markets? I hear great things about the marekts during the weekends. Week day though??

Thanks for any and all advice!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to do with young children

What about Siam Ocean World in Paragon Mall?

There is not about culture or history but it's pretty good to sit and walk into the aquarium.

Weekday markets? Asiatique The Riverfront near BTS Saphan Taksin station.

you can take Asiatique boat from SaThorn Pier.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,010 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best things to do with young children

Visit MBK! It is a little like being at Chatuchak except for being air conditioned! Several restaurants in this mall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBK_Center

Wander around the Pratunam area - Phetchaburi Road/ Indra Square area. Many street vendors and a mini garment district between Phetchaburi and Baiyoke Hotel.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best things to do with young children

This is not a city for young children. Best leave them at home.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best things to do with young children

FrankM - what a silly comment !

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best things to do with young children

It's a great city for young children! Actually, plenty of young children live there. I'm not sure where Frank suggests they should go.

Like you, I wasn't too fussed on theme parks, as there's plenty of them in Oz. my girls enjoyed the reclining Buddha, Taling Chan market (yummy local sweets), longtail boat ride through the Khlongs, Asiatique and Lumpini Park. Dusit Zoo is something they might also like. My kids also just enjoyed the malls, shopping for cute things and sipping on yummy fruit shakes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,566 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best things to do with young children

You haven't said the area in which you will be staying or the children's ages. But if possible take the public Chao Phraya river boat to Tha Chang (pier N9) and visit the Grand palace and Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha). I think even small children will enjoy these and of course there is the malls for shopping,food, shakes and some air con.

Level Contributor
64 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best things to do with young children

Great thanks for your suggestions! (well, not sure about the leave them at home part!) I am not sure where we are staying but I have heard it's easy to get around and will look into the rides, the market, park and of course a mall!! Thanks for the suggestions!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
26 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best things to do with young children

Pick up a copy of "Discover Bangkok with Kids" and you'll have plenty to do. It's our Bible for stuff around town. Enjoy BKK.

9. Re: Best things to do with young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:15