We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5D4N Bangkok

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
5D4N Bangkok

Hi All

A group of 4 guys including myself will be heading up to Bangkok and we'll be spending a total of 5 days, although our flight there and back lands/departs around 1pm.

Our rough itinerary is as follows

Day One, Friday - Arrival & Shopping at MBK / Platinum Fashion Mall / Asiatique

Day Two, Saturday - Chatuchak

Day Three, Sunday - ??

Day Four, Monday - ??

For Days 3 and 4, we're intending to do more shopping and then make a trip to the Floating Markets.

Would like to, however, seek your opinion and ask for suggestions for the following

1. Which floating market is authentic, convenient and worth a visit? I read the FAQs at the side and was so inundated with information and spoilt for choice that I couldnt decide.

2. Any suggestions for activities / bazaars / markets for the nights

3. Any suggestions for places of interests to visit that might interest a group of 20 year old guys?

Just in case this should be helpful, we're putting up at the Siam Swana hotel.

Sorry for the flurry of questions but this is my first time being to Thailand!

Ben

Edited: 28 October 2012, 04:25
Mentioned in this post
Platinum Fashion Mall
Platinum Fashion Mall
2,821 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market
13,816 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Siam Swana Hotel
Siam Swana Hotel
323 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Mbk
Mbk
161 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
ARENA'S FASHION
Gift & Speciality Shops
Unique Tailor
Gift & Speciality Shops
Ravis Tailor
Gift & Speciality Shops
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

What kind of things are you interested in?

Partying? Cultural? Historical? Food? Shows? Theme parks? Zoos/Crocodile farms? Bangkok pretty much has it all!

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya Historical Park
3,146 Reviews
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

Hi LondonChris_S

I think we're into Cultural, Historical and mainly food? The rest not so much!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
3,146 Reviews
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

go down to central pier and hire a longboat for an hour or two tour of the klongs- it is great fun to see everyday life along the klongs. they will ask what stops you want; we said no to the crocodile farm but asked to stop at the royal barge museum which was fab.

take a bicycle tour- there are several operators. I hope to do the evening ride with grasshopper on my next visit.

visit jim thompson house, it is just about opposite MBK (one of the big shopping malls)

Have a meal in The Loft, an amazing food court top floor of central department store, chitlom station of BTS.

and of course, visiting the grand palace, wat po (next door) and wat arun- take the cross river ferry and climb wat arun for great views.

that should give you a few ideas!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

http://www.tourwithtong.com/BangkokTour.htm

http://www.tourwithtong.com/Ayutthaya.htm

www.tourwithtong.com/Bangkok_InDepth.htm

www.tourwithtong.com/Floating_Market_hd.htm

These will give you some ideas of the things available most of these things you can do on your own and do not need a tour guide for but using a tour guides website was the best way I could think of to get them all together for you. If you do want to use a tour guide for any of these things the FAQs give plenty of good guides.

In addition to the above I should also consider an evening stroll around China Town for some good food and a few interesting stalls etc to browse, a dinner cruise on the river gives you a great view of the city lit up at night and a different perspective of it. Sitting in the outside section of Country Roads bar in Soi Cowboy sipping some cold beer and watching the antics of the bar girls and tourists alike can be quite amusing (better than a sit com). MBK great for shopping also has cinema bowling alley and some very nice food courts.

Hope this helps

Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Soi Cowboy
Soi Cowboy
1,016 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Mbk
Mbk
161 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
5. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 16:42
6. Re: 5D4N Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:15