We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sending a case from Bangkok to Cambodia

swanse
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sending a case from Bangkok to Cambodia

I will be in Bangkok in 2 weeks time and am looking at the possibility of taking an extra suitcase [medium size, possibly 15 - 20 kg) with me which I c an then send over to my son in Cambodia. [Airfreight or Parcel force direct from the UK are expensive].

Can anyone advise how I could do this in Bangkok, and any idea of cost?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,661 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sending a case from Bangkok to Cambodia

Hi,

Basically two ways...

Public (Thai) Post and private express carriers..

Thai post tends to be the cheapest and will offer you several shipping options (speeds) and prices..

The private express carriers (UPS,FedEx, etc) will probably be quicker as both offer next-day service to PNH. Naturally this will be the more expensive option.

The gague rates on Thai Post go to their direct website where there is a rate calculator.

Remember that regardless of which option or carrier you choose, your package will still be subject to Thai Customs inspection before export AND Cambodian Customs on arrival..

Depending on what's inside your consignee may be liable for duty.

Import duty can NOT be prepaid with Thai Post service.. But IF you have a UPS or FedEx account you *can* elect to have any import duty taxes charged to YOUR account.

To me, if time is not a critical issue, I'd look at Thai Post as their rates are hard to beat (they are a not-for-profit State Enterprise)..

However if its high value or time sensitive, the one of the private carriers may be your better choice.

Travel Safe,

Sent from BlackBerry by AIS

2. Re: Sending a case from Bangkok to Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:17