We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

This morning at 10:30 am, I got into a taxi and headed to the airport in Vancouver for my long -awaited trip to Thailand and Cambodia. 10 minutes after getting into the cab and being on the road, a car coming the other way, suddenly turned in front of the taxi and we crashed head on into it...

I sustained injuries and was taken to hospital where I spent several hours; I have just returned home, luckily with no broken bones but several soft tissue injuries. I am HEART-BROKEN at what has happened... on the day of my trip, on the road to the airport... Words fail me.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
118 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

That has got to be such a disappointment (= gut wrenching). We worry about what will happen on our trip(s) to Thailand but so don't expect to get way laid on the way to airport in our home country.

Take time to look after yourself and hopefully you can rebook soon.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Sorry to hear that.

Hope the soft tissue injuries are just bruises.

3. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 14:05
4. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 14:05
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Bloody hell...you were sick earlier in the year weren't you and had to postpone then didn't you?That is unbelievable skeez'..hope you recover soon and looking on the positive side it could have been far worse by the sounds of it!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Hopefully, the airlines and other bookings are working with you!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

So very sorry to hear this, what a horrible thing to happen. Hope you will be OK and be able to rebook and make this trip you were so much looking forward to!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Hi Skeezix

Get well soon and hopefully you can continue with your trip.

Take care :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Oh no! That's terrible news? Are your flights flexible? Are you able to leave in the next few days?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Skeezix in car accident on way to airport to fly to Thailand

Yes this is Skeez 2nd time, first time with a disabilitating sickness just before her planned vacation to Thailand last year, and now this. I can understand how upset she must be and wish her a very quick recovery.